Shoot & Sail Aboard the WOLF

hurricane

Here's a terrific event to build your visit to Pirates in Paradise. Marksmanship on the high seas!

Monday, Nov. 29, 2010

Noon - 4 p.m. Conch Republic Navy SHOOT & SAIL with Admiral Finbar aboard the Schooner WOLF. The 4 hour shoot and sail takes you out past the reef into the open ocean and is open to all qualified marksmen. Traditional weapons required. Tickets: $75 per person. Meet at the WOLF 1/2 hour prior to departure. Reservations required (305) 296-9694, Info@PiratesInParadise.com.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Sorry, it is live fire. A target will be released from the ship.

Should be wicked fun, considering that the ship is heaving to and fro and you have to compensate for that along with windage and the bobbing target. About as close to ship-to-ship battling as you can get in the modern day.

Should I propose a pistol class and a long arms class for this?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I can check on that. You never know what the Admiral will be up for these days. It was Finbars idea to add this - he's also added a two day intensive course on sailing, knot tying, navigation, etc. this year for those who don't have their sea legs yet.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

it is live fire. A target will be released from the ship.

-- Hurricane

Will the target be released via the plank?

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

If that was the case I'd be first to enter. And I have some "volunteers" in mind. ;)

-- Hurricane

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Too funny!

I do expect you to lord over the new contestants that you are the three-time champ!

Perhaps even lead off with a demo to give them something to aspire to? Or you could be one of the judges, which would seem fitting, given your legendary stature in the event.

You're much too valuable to us to let you be fodder for the shooting competition.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

Too funny!

I do expect you to lord over the new contestants that you are the three-time champ!

Perhaps even lead off with a demo to give them something to aspire to? Or you could be one of the judges, which would seem fitting, given your legendary stature in the event.

You're much too valuable to us to let you be fodder for the shooting competition.

-- Hurricane

HA!...dont ask some of me crewe...presently they may disagree with you!!!

i am still deciding which way the wind faires regarding my attendance this year....but a Live Shoot off the Wolfe sounds damn temting indeed

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Too funny!

-- Hurricane

HA!...dont ask some of me crewe...presently they may disagree with you!!!

i am still deciding which way the wind faires regarding my attendance this year....but a Live Shoot off the Wolfe sounds damn temting indeed

Avast !! Mssr. deDogge', It dont bring t' me mind th lengths somes will go to t' avoid standin' an ol' shipmate to a flaggon nor a tot. Ye, sir, as wot would take th' pudding! Why I went from Public House to Apothacary yet yerself would not be found. Well, sez I, there's some wot can't be found wots don't want bein' found, sez you! I will have my justice, sir! I wants me drink! Dutch o' th "Meka"II

• 3 months later...

Some more updates on this event. Just in case you ever wanted to sample other period weapons, they added a selection for ya!

Conch Republic Admirals Finbar & Bill Grosscup invite qualified marksmen to join them for this rare opportunity to sail out past the reef in open water and shoot a variety of historic weapons, including a, including a Queen Anne flintlock pistol, 45 caliber percussion pistol, Civil War era 44 cap and ball revolver, WWI German Mauser pistol, WWI German Lugar pistol and WWII M1 Garand rifle. Participants are also welcome to bring along their own weapons, which will be inspected prior departure.

Departing promptly at Noon, the four hour Conch Republic Shoot & Sail aboard the WOLF will begin boarding at 11:30am. The WOLF is docked at the Truman Waterfront Commons, end of Southard Street in Old Town Key West. Cost for the 4 hour trip is $75 per person. Ice, water and soft drinks are provided and everyone is welcome to bring along a snack. For reservations and information, visit PiratesInParadise.com, email Info@PiratesinParadise.com or call 305.296.9694.

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny