November 12th-15th 2010 | St. Augustine Pirate Gathering

THE wench

I would like to invite all to visit us here in St Augustine Florida for the St Augustine Pirate Gathering this November.

If you haven't been to this Historical hamlet before allow us to give you a glimpse of the oldest continually lived in city in North America. It is because of the enduring work of re-enacting groups based in this town (Men of Menedez, Garrison, Men/women of Ponce De Leon, Ancient City Privateers with Crew of the Black Heart and not forgetting the brilliant crews of British Nightwatch) that we are able to do our live battles downtown amongst the backdrop of buildings footprinted in the late 1500 and early 1600's......450 years of history 300+ under the shadow of the Castillo De San Marcos This Fort was a defense system against future attacks by Pirates preying along the Eastern Coast. (see Searles Raid and Drakes Raid)

Although Piracy in this town cannot boast (or wont) famous characters it was still supplied and well traded with by privateers and this helped keep it alive during it's lean years....Just wait until you walk through the town late at night down some of the "People only passageways". If you listen hard the history whispers to you and because of your garb and accouterments you can really stop the hearts of some of the "Ghost Hunters"

Historical Camping is Downtown with the Fort as a backdrop in the secluded De Mesa Yard right on the Bayfront. Participant fees include Buccaneer Bash/dinner...Pub Crawl and Battle and Parade and lots of music and fun.....Please visit our web site often as we keep adding more to this weekend in our beautiful town.

Hello Lady...and how are ye m'dear? Sounds like a grand time and I want to know more...when ye can, please supply us with dates and times of arrival and break down...is there a limit to numbers in the historical camp...participant fees are what exactly? And why not post a link to that web page right here...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Ah... also... best place to fly in, some local hotels, and would the fort be willing to allow some to bivouac inside ?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Greetings Me lord Capt Sterling,

In me haste I fergot to add the link www.pirategathering.com although if ye google it (St Augustine Pirate Gathering)we are right there at the top...

My link

Unfortunately we cannot camp on the fort grounds but if ye turn yer accommodations just right ye can ponder it from yer front door...bayfront is really cool as well with plenty of boats...there is a road between us and the fort and landlubbers rubbernecking...no shooting the tourists though...! The area is grassy and right downtown so as to make carousing real easy...Historical Camping is also open for the Friday for schools and public with Nautical demonstrations and much black powder firing....Set up can be as early as Thursday 11th...breakdown as late as Monday 15th....

Now if ye be taking a flying Bird Jacksonville is 1 hr away (some pick up can be arranged) Orlando is 3 hrs away and south....So if ye cant bring canvas.... Left. Johnson is our Historical Camp Host (Searles raid/ Drakes Raid) through Historical Florida Militia can arrange some canvas....Muskets/pistols have to fly in a locked box on the bird but we have Conrad of the Pirate Haus who may accept packages from UPS and Fed/Ex......but we have plenty of cannons and pikes......

The Battle is after the Pirate Boat Parade (11.00am) at approx 12.30 Saturday downtown at the City Gates....Militia may kill the survivors of the battle this year.....

Francis field is three blocks from the Historical Camping and a nice walk excepting for all the people wanting ye picture....and we have another Cannon range set up there to do muskets and cannons.....We go through a lot of powder on this weekend......

Participation is $30.00 before Oct 31st...$35 after...includes the bash/battles/ parades/crawls/music/and one full breakfast and continental breakfast as well....firewood supplied/ice available....Event listing is being added to as the music is booked..."Rusty Cutlass" will be there Sat Afternoon...

We also give three letters of Marque from our own St Augustine Royal Family....this page is being built and will be up on the site soon...We Gave out four last year.....

Also the Pirate Soul Museum is planning the opening of their new location across from the Fort that weekend to tie in with us...so there will be some specials coming for that....

Keep a weather eye on the web page as we add more and Thank ye fer yer inquiry.. we would be honored for the presence of ye group..... www.pirategathering.com

Regards to ye me lord from

THE wench

Event Co-ordinator and Elder of

Ancient City Privateers Inc. a 501© 3

Hey Wench!

What kind of entertainment you looking for? Would love to help out, especially since I don't have to struggle with a camp and entertaining at the same time any longer. :)

-- Hurricane

Lap of Luxury Hotel Pyrate

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

We will be there!

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 5 months later...

Who all are attending St. Augustine this year from the pub? Looking forward to it, says I!

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I'll be there!

It will be good to see you again. Haven't sailed with the likes of you since Peanut Island if I recall. A couple of my mates press ganged me, so I will be there in all my former glory. Woohoo, I mean, Aye!

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny