Interesting discovery while playing with ray gun

captscurvy_nc

So I don't know if ths will work withall toy guns, but I made an intersesting discovery while taking apart a toy ray gun for a steampunk project. It had a cool looking white tube at the top that lets of a very small red light and then a very annoying sound effect. Neat thing happened when I cut the wires attached to the speaker and took the speaker out. When you pull the trigger the light was now 70% brighter. Guess it ad something to do with the power not having to split between the speaker and the LED. If you have a chance try it and see if it works on your next project.

The trouble with Disintegrating Ray Guns is that they just fall to pieces...

So I don't know if ths will work withall toy guns, but I made an intersesting discovery while taking apart a toy ray gun for a steampunk project. It had a cool looking white tube at the top that lets of a very small red light and then a very annoying sound effect. Neat thing happened when I cut the wires attached to the speaker and took the speaker out. When you pull the trigger the light was now 70% brighter. Guess it ad something to do with the power not having to split between the speaker and the LED. If you have a chance try it and see if it works on your next project.

Damn, thats sharp!