East Coast Heat

Pew

Right now, in Cuyahoga Falls OH, it is 89.8 degrees. My car has no working a/c (evaporator leak, $800 to repair...and since the car is about 10 years old, I'm saving the repair expense for an eventual new car), so I've been using a wet dishtowel on the back of me neck to keep "cool".

When we lived in Fort Sam Houston (San Antonio TX) in 1965, the buildings on base had salt pill dispensers by the water fountains. Now that be *hot*.

Edited by Capn Bob

Damn, thats sharp!

A strange quirk of fate that, here in Central Florida, it was about 15 degrees cooler than in my old hometown 1500 miles north. Who ever thought I would move to the tropics to escape the heat?

Red Sea Trade

In days of old when ships were bold just like the men that sailed 'em,

and if they showed us disrespect we tied 'em up and flailed 'em,

often men of low degree and often men of steel,

they'd make you walk the plank alone or haul you 'round the keel.

--Adam and the Ants

Seattle hit 95 today.

Thusly, instead of my usual kilt wearing, tonight I am in a sarong. While not quite pirate-ish, it is still really comfy!

Kilted Eric

the Skirted River Pirate

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea. - From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Seattle hit 95 today.

Thusly, instead of my usual kilt wearing, tonight I am in a sarong. While not quite pirate-ish, it is still really comfy!

Eric -

:blink: Hummmmmm.... seems like a lot of piratical folks floating about around the South China Sea, Philippine Sea, Sulu Sea, Java Sea, Timor Sea, Celebes Sea, etc. don't have a problem with sarongs. ;)

It hit 100 degrees and humid here yesterday.... I'm considering a tablecloth as a toga. :lol:

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Nature is preparing us to live in the tropics! We should all move there now! We don't want to disappoint nature, do we?

A little note off this topic...last night, my sister's house got skunked.

Damn, thats sharp!