Pyracy Pub Chat Room

Stynky Tudor

• 1 month later...
Does chat work? I keep getting this:

[#CSTART-4] The room ID supplied was invalid. Please notify the administrator.

As a matter of fact it is broken. . . going through everything and trying to fix it now.

The pub indicated that someone was in the chat room so I went in. There was no one there. I logged out and it the pub still lists me as being in there. Just thought I would let you know.

It's likely someone just exited the Chat Room before you entered it.

But the Pub Messageboard and Database Server Softwares are managing so many things in real-time, that some tasks like statistical reporting and up to the minute who's online, I've deemed secondary and have delegated to the background - I think they get updated every 10 to 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The chat works fabulously! I have only had one "complaint" that no one visits. I've explained to this pirate that alas, people are on at various different times which does not allow for a massive gathering in the chat room.

A planned time frame or not, people pop in whenever they want or can. At least the chat list works. that's the main thing. :rolleyes:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The chat works fabulously! I have only had one "complaint" that no one visits. I've explained to this pirate that alas, people are on at various different times which does not allow for a massive gathering in the chat room.

A planned time frame or not, people pop in whenever they want or can. At least the chat list works. that's the main thing. :rolleyes:

~Lady B

Planning a set "Chat Time", wouldn't be a bad idea.

. . . In fact in the early days of the Pub, we had a set time & day of the week to chat. But back then the chat app was flakey, clumsy, sluggish and finicky - a lot of folks computers couldn't seem to manage and there were a lot of complaints about crashing.

Anyway that's something I should speak with William Red Wake about. . . he's kind of managing chat at the moment.

so far chat has been working well for me - been on a couple times this week.

Thanks for all the hard work Stynky! (though we know ye cajoled some poor soul to do all the grunt work) :D

Who do you mean - Mission?

ha "grunt" work - yeah that would have to be the surgeon :D

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

• 1 month later...

I have to use the PC when I chat. My Mac is not welcome in the chat at the moment. Sorry Animal. We saw you come and go many times.

What is this??? A conspiracy???? Mac's not welcome in chat???? ***pulls his cutlas and daggers out*** ;) ;) ;) Where is Stynky?????

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

• 2 months later...

I have to use the PC when I chat. My Mac is not welcome in the chat at the moment. Sorry Animal. We saw you come and go many times.

What is this??? A conspiracy???? Mac's not welcome in chat???? ***pulls his cutlas and daggers out*** ;) ;) ;) Where is Stynky?????

Ahoy there Animal,

My apologies Sir - I didn't mean to ignore your problem with Chat.

I'm going to try to apply some minor updates (today), rebuild the data tables and re-sync everything - if you could give it a try later this evening or tomorrow I'd appreciate your feed-back.