The Irish Rovers

The Irish Rovers were around even before my grandpa. My grandpa is an old seadog himself, having been in the Merchant Marines and the Navy. From what he's told me he should have a mansion in Davey Jone's Locker. There songs are songs of the sea, the pub, and nationality of Ireland. Here's some of their stuff.

Farewell to Nova Stotia

Craciunal in Killarney(Christmas in Killarney)

The Day the Tall Ships Came

Finnegan's Wake

The Pub with No Beer

What do you all think?

I do the Star of the County Down meself. Learnt it from Alex Beaton. His version sounds moreScottish naturally but I like this version by the Rovers just as well.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

The Irish Rovers were around even before my grandpa. My grandpa is an old seadog himself, having been in the Merchant Marines and the Navy. From what he's told me he should have a mansion in Davey Jone's Locker. There songs are songs of the sea, the pub, and nationality of Ireland. Here's some of their stuff.

Farewell to Nova Stotia

Craciunal in Killarney(Christmas in Killarney)

The Day the Tall Ships Came

Finnegan's Wake

The Pub with No Beer

What do you all think?

Truly good music, the Irish Rovers. I had to laugh when I got to "Donald Where's Your Trousers". That guy ranks up there with the buckskinner who bent over and his breechclout went sideways at this year's Market Fair. And a good lesson for the young 'un who wants to wear a kilt *G*

Some chums from the US were doing the grand tour of Britain and Ireland and proud of their Scots heritage they brought their 2 smalls filibegs, wee kilts. Off to Shetland home of their ancestors they went and were most disgruntled when after a couple of days an old Shetland gentleman slipped the dad a tenner and whispered in the odd ScandinavianScots sing song Shetland accent , "So y'can buy the wee'ains some troosers".

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.