rope walk

Dutchman

i was by myself and didn't stop to think to get pictures of it in use. next time, i hope to do a piece long enough to make a tent line out of. this machine, in theory, should be able to handle up to 3/4 diameter without a problem. I'd really like to get my hands on a "new era" rope machine. they were made around 1900 and used heavily in the mid west farming region through WW2. my machine is a 1:1 gear ratio, where the New Era is a 1:4. It adds up when a piece of line may take 1500 turns.

That would of been fun to have at the Deltaville event - you bringing it to Hampton?

Edited by Duncan McGuyver

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

i was by myself and didn't stop to think to get pictures of it in use. next time, i hope to do a piece long enough to make a tent line out of. this machine, in theory, should be able to handle up to 3/4 diameter without a problem. I'd really like to get my hands on a "new era" rope machine. they were made around 1900 and used heavily in the mid west farming region through WW2. my machine is a 1:1 gear ratio, where the New Era is a 1:4. It adds up when a piece of line may take 1500 turns.

I have seen these things available on ebay fairly often. Sometimes listed as "unknown cast iron device" or farm equipment.

>>>> Cascabel