Anyone up for a trip to Ocracoke?

Well it's that time of year again, the time when I get numerous phone calls due to my connections on Ocracoke Island about when I am going to organize a festival there. The problem is always the same though. Back in the eighties they had a thing called Buccanner days, didn't really have anything to do with Pirates though, mor of an excuse to get drunk and race dune buggies on the beach. Someone got seriously injured one year and that event has left a foul taste in the mouth of county officials ever since. I may have a better chance with talks this year though due to some new blood being elected to the board. The question is this. If I can get approval this would be a very difficult event to get funded due to teh history of the Bucanner days event. I could provide free camping to anyone cpomming down but getting any type of budget through sponsorships will be difficult. The good thing is the tourist love to tip entertainers (I would make $150 to $200 a day before lunch easily) and there is never a shortage of tourist on the island with ferries running every fifteen minutes during summer season. If we could pull off a succesful event with no injuries and show the town how profitable for them a yearly event could be then I think the following year getting an operating budget together would be no problem. So is there anyone that would be willing to participate hypothetically if this gets approved? Don't think about dates or conflicts, I'll work that out later. I just need to know whose willing to come aboard for (sorry to say this) no pay but at least free camping.

As per earlier pm, The Crewe of the Archangel is always interested in new events, eager to hear what you have up yer sleeve with this one.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Appreciate the support. I still have no idea how the talks will go this year but as soon as I am told something definite I will let you all know. We were actually thinking of going for the "Pirate Beach Party" theme keeping to histpry of Blackbeards last days in Ocracoke.

I may just be interested in a festival thar. Free campin'? That means me tent won't go unused after all! Aye, keep me posted as well. Best o' luck in yer speakin's!

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

Aye, The Cursed Few would be interested for certain. Keep us posted, mate! If you hold it, we will come.

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Aye, Keep the Plundering Pirates in the loop, we will bring the Rum, and maybe venison.

Antonio Gumbatz, The Italian Pirate

Ships cook, Rum swizzler, Swordsman, Flirt.

www.babuccs.com

• 2 weeks later...

oi scurvey- any more thoughts about the Ocracoke event? I really think this and the memorial in November should be actively persued. This will be the third year we have gathered around the date and have drawn a bit of local interest. Another well organized event earlier in the year would be beneficial to both and make both more credible in the island political circle.

• 8 months later...

Hey Scurv,

You know I'm always in for a pirate party in the Old North State. Hit me up on FB if something gets going, I'm always happy to lend an organizing hand!

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.