Steampunk Equpment- Sky Pirate in Need

Admiral Kilo

I have a list of things I already know the location of and am looking at, but I'm wondering, are there better stores?

Here are the links for the items I'm looking at.

Pocketwatch

Badge

Another Badge

Aether Monitor

Compass

Goggles

I intend to customize the goggles a bit. It has an elastic band and, although that's good for goggles, leather is preferable. What I intend to do is combine them, a short elastic piece will attach a leather strap at both it's ends to the goggles.

I already have the base outfit decided on, it's a more traditional, and historically accurate, pirate outfit. A red swordsman's shirt, black drawstring pants, blue captain's coat, renaissance boots, and customized Captain Kidd's hat. I'll be wearing this outfit to college on occasion, once it's all put together, so although I love weapons they aren't something I'm looking for.

If you don't have any links to shops, hopefully the links I provided might prove helpful to you too. If not and you have no links yourself, what do you think of the items listed?

Eeergh... for goggles.... Go to your local hardware store, and buy a pair of welding goggles.... (about $10.00 )

unscrew the lens holder ring (I sanded mine down so they weren't as thick, and got rid of the ridges) and paint them with gold spray paint(I tried imitation gold leaf... and spray paint worked just as well).... gluing on some leather around the the base or painting it... change the straps.... whatever...

(a good source for cheap leather.... your local thrift shop... leather jackets or women's leather skirts, or even purses.... The flight helmet in the picture was a man's leather jacket I bought at a thrift store for $5.00)

This picture shows my goggles before I gold leafed... then just painted the lens holder rings....

bowie.jpg

Steampunk (Airship Pyrate) shouldn't be expensive.... part of the fun is making or modifying stuff to fit your style....

That's a good idea, but I have yet to find a store in my area that sells welding goggles. Welding doesn't seem to be a big thing around here. Still, if it can save me some money I'll see what I can do. Thank you.

That's a good idea, but I have yet to find a store in my area that sells welding goggles

Check out your local Hardware store.... I live in a small town of about 4,500 up in the Mountains of California.... and the local Ace Hardware store sells them.....(OK.. I saved $2 by waiting untill I had to go down the hill to Angels Camp to buy them.....) but they are really common. :P

Pick up some gold paint and then goto your local thrift store for an old leather coat or skirt.... and you're good to go.....

I'll take a look to see if I can find a pair. Leather isn't hard to come by here, I can get straps for cheap just down the street. I don't think I'll need a whole lot for what I have in mind, but if I need more I think there is a donation store somewhere around here where I can get used leather clothing.

• 2 months later...

I came across these guys today. Love their explorer outfit and they have some Steampunk. Thought I'd pass it along in case it wasn't posted any other place here.

http://www.gentlemansemporium.com

Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got to go to an Iowa sci-fi convention this fall, that had a steampunk theme. I had a great time with the Brass Falcon airship crew, and all the others who attended. If anyone is interested, I can PM them info. I'll try to find a pic or two. :)

hey Patrick, if you can help a girl out and critique her outfit, let me know. lol

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg