Playlist

I'm sure we all have a pirate music playlist on our ipods or on our computers. I'm sure we all have soundtracks from pirate movies/musicals, sea shanties, drinking songs, classical music, pirate metal/rock, etc, BUT do you have some other stuff on your pirate playlist that isn't really pirate music but it just happens to fit in anyway? List it!

- "Rhyme of The Ancient Mariner" by Iron Maiden

- "Barracuda" by Heart

- Various Beach Boys songs

- "Jolly Roger" by Adam Ant

- "Ito Eats" and "Blue Hawaii" by Elvis

- "Down by The Water" by PJ Harvey

- "Seven Seas of Rhye" by Queen

- "Come Sail Away" by Styx

- Gilligan's Island Theme Song

- "Singapore", "Shiver Me Timbers", "Jockey Full of Bourbon", "Black Wings", "God's Away on Business" by Tom Waits

Oops forgot one

- "Tiny Bubbles" by Don Ho

Edited by Karadimos

I'm trying to set up a real Pirate-themed town...somewhere. I need some help with it.

Tiny bubbles, in the waves

makes me happy, make me feel fine

Tiny bubbles, make me warm all over

make me feel like I'm gonna love you til the end of time

Don Ho is the Hawaiian crooning lounge singer, just like Frank Sinatra is the Italian crooning lounge singer (I also have "Somewhere Beyond The Sea" in my playlist).

Don't you have any non-pirate songs in your pirate playlist?

Edited by Karadimos

I'm trying to set up a real Pirate-themed town...somewhere. I need some help with it.

This is pretty funny, because I've just been thinking of this exact topic in the last few days. I have over 25 hours of music in my iPod's "pirate" playlist, but quite a bit of it isn't technically "pirate" music.

For instance, I have quite a bit of Spanish style music on there. This includes:

- The entire "Mask of Zorro" soundtrack

- "La Fine Di BILL, E Il Ritornio Di Beatrix (The Demise Of BILL, The Return Of Beatrix)", by Ennio Morricone, from the Kill Bill Vol. 2 Soundtrack

- "the Enemy Guns" by Devotchka

And I also have a ton of just plain Irish/Scottish/Celtic music, like Gaelic Storm, Silly Wizard, the Cheiftains, etc. Not to mention loads of music by modern bands like Flogging Molly and the Decemberists, that definitely has a pirate theme, but isn't what we might call "pirate music." I've got a few "highwaymen" songs too, and some classic drinking songs round it out. And there's a little Steampunk, just for good measure.

But really, I figure it can all at least be attempted to be accepted as piratical.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow