Put-In-Bay Pirate Festival June 25-27 2010

michaelsbagley

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I have yet to wear my shirt, so it's nice to see the crew of the Mercury sporting the flag. Great pics.

P6258949.jpg

they was sportin' thare "colors", yo. :P

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya:

Actually (being serious for a moment), the 'First Aid kit' would be the little brown leather thing in the lower left corner. That's the surgeon's pocket kit that he carried with him for emergencies. He would also most likely have a piece of cloth to use as a quick tourniquet.

I only brought a few things because I wasn't sure how this was going to go down and I expected to have to carry everything with me on my back when biking. If I could get a reasonably priced place to stay next year, I'd probably make a weekend of it. I missed out on some good stuff on Friday and Saturday night.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I missed out on some good stuff on Friday and Saturday night.

You sure did.... :P

If I could get a reasonably priced place to stay next year, I'd probably make a weekend of it.

I've done a quick search (like very quick), and I have not been able to locate a rental source for the small cabins I noticed on the shuttle from last year. I'm not sure they would be cheap, but when I saw them last year they left me with the impression they would be one of the more cost effective accommodations on the island (given one pooled in with two or three people, as they looked like small two or three bedroom cottages). The hotel we had access to for showers and breakfasts also looked like it might have been reasonable (but loud as it was on the "main strip").

Michael_banner.jpg

I missed out on some good stuff on Friday and Saturday night.

You sure did.... :P

If I could get a reasonably priced place to stay next year, I'd probably make a weekend of it.

I've done a quick search (like very quick), and I have not been able to locate a rental source for the small cabins I noticed on the shuttle from last year. I'm not sure they would be cheap, but when I saw them last year they left me with the impression they would be one of the more cost effective accommodations on the island (given one pooled in with two or three people, as they looked like small two or three bedroom cottages). The hotel we had access to for showers and breakfasts also looked like it might have been reasonable (but loud as it was on the "main strip").

We found the Park Hotel's web site. They go up from $112/night for a doublesize bed. Three twin beds are $145/night. And that's with a shared bath.

I don't think that any accommodations in PIB are cheap.

Mark

Actually, the Park Hotel is pretty reasonable for the island. It was completely booked up for the weekend we were there when I looked at it - I think you'd have to book way in advance to get a room there. Since our attendance at the event was so touch-and-go for awhile, that wouldn't have been possible. Now that we know we're going to be there next year, I may have a better shot at getting a room next year.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Actually, the Park Hotel is pretty reasonable for the island. It was completely booked up for the weekend we were there when I looked at it - I think you'd have to book way in advance to get a room there. Since our attendance at the event was so touch-and-go for awhile, that wouldn't have been possible. Now that we know we're going to be there next year, I may have a better shot at getting a room next year.

I believe Ty mentioned firming up the dates for the 2011 event in October or November (it was early November '09 when the 2010 dates were set). I would wager it will likely be the same weekend though... which would be the last full weekend in June or weekend prior to the 4th of July celebrations.... Or June 24th to 26th 2011.... But time will tell.

It's kind of funny, Ty and I were so positive of the event from November 2009 through April 2010 (during that time we chatted a fair bit), it was in Late April through May to early June even when the "on again/off again" confusions began.

Michael_banner.jpg