Put-In-Bay Pirate Festival June 25-27 2010

michaelsbagley

my attendance is turning ...shakey...at best....trying to get things to fall in the right order for me to attend...micky/kate i'll give you a definate....well probably not til friday morning(hopefully)...this event is WAY to close for me too miss it...2 1/2 hour drive (only 45 by speed boat)...hmmmmmm thinkin ;)

ok...things are falling...close enough for me to swing by....send me the adress wher to meet ifn ya please ;)

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok...things are falling...close enough for me to swing by....send me the adress wher to meet ifn ya please ;)

We will be meeting at....

Catawba Inn Pub - 0.24 miles away

4112 N Crogan St, Port Clinton, OH 43452 US Website (419) 797-2501

It looks to be a handful of blocks away from the parking area on the mainland. We can meet there between 6:30 and 7:00 PM this evening, load everyones gear into the two vehicles and boats, and then hop on the ferry. I'll try and call you in a short bit and leave you a message as well.

Oh, we will have access to showers and flushing bathrooms all weekend, and they even have backup shelter for us in case of rain. The backup shelter may be camping on someone's floor, but they have it taken care of for those who don;t want to brave rain in their tents.

Glad to hear you can make it, when you said that there was a chance you couldn't come, I was pretty bummed and hoping things would work out for you M.A. d'Dogge. See you tonight.

Michael_banner.jpg

startin to see Hot Pirate Babes walking towards the ferry...if this is any indication of the festival tomorrow...im really goinna like this event....

round 5...err maybe 6....crewe better show up soon...err i'll be carried to the island!?!

Home from a very fine weekend...i caint honestly remeber when an event treated us poor scallywags so nice!!...Breakfast,Supper,Showers....and a Mardi Grah atmosphere...truly a KeyWest of the Great Lakes....(oficial Bacholorette Party Capitol of the world)

all my stuff is wet....and my face is still suffering from all the "Camara Flash Bulb Burns"....and i think i got a helluva bruise on me keister from all the Bacholorette and Bridesmaids....ooooffff

oh yeah....and winning the Trip to the Cayman Islands Durring their Pyrate Fest Week....that aint so bad either

tehehehehehe

just.....wow. thats the only word to describe this weekend, WOW. you buggerers who failed to show up THIS time better make it next year, you have a whole 12 months to hear of the "things" you missed. sublimities too profound for mere words.

a big hats off to Ty Winchester for going the extra nautical mile for us barbarians at the gates, when you consider the price of everything on the island, and that we got more than 95% of the events i've been to give us, we really were spoiled.

will Michael, or Kate-Not-Mrs. Bagley, PM me Ty's snail mail address, so I can send him a thank you card also, i've never felt so pampered and worshipped and dreaded in my entire life, all at once.

I eagerly await our learned chirgeon's report in his journal on the day spent in the Port Royal of the great lakes.

next year: more pillagers, more killing, more fun and carousing! awwww yeah!

Alright, but I'll kill anyone who gets in the way of me killing anyone!

let me break it down for ya:

You will find my photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MarkCKSuccess/PutInBay10?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTpo_m014ylzAE#

I look forward to seeing the other photos so I can get the SJ put together quickly. (With any luck, before I leave a week from Thursday. Otherwise I'll forget half the stuff.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Good photos Mission... did Maddogge actually do Living History demos??? :lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I was actually very impressed with his presentations. I witnessed him doing several on weapons and fighting. He'd start, because everyone was interested in the weapons, and then he'd hand them off to me. Very slick. Kudos to M.A. d'Dogge on that front.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Good photos Mission... did Maddogge actually do Living History demos??? :lol:

He did indeed. Everyone was always doing something that was interesting to the people coming by. It was really awesome. :)

The organizers, including the Mayor, were really happy with the displays. Several people mentioned us to them. They want us back next year... in greater numbers.

Mark

Good photos Mission... did Maddogge actually do Living History demos??? :o

He did indeed. Everyone was always doing something that was interesting to the people coming by. It was really awesome. :)

Glad to hear it. Shall mark it on the crewe calendar for next year.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Oi how far does the ferry actually travel? A mile, two, or more?

Crewe of the Archangel

Gee, I'll have to find a way to get more of my stuff out there. I chose all the shiny, repro stuff because I figured it would be a party crowd that wouldn't know the difference. Some of the most unexpected people knew what all of my stuff was for...many because of the History Channel! (Others were nurses, although I had some stuff they were not familiar with.) One guy even knew the about the dental pelican! (I had never heard of one until I read a book on the history of medical tools.)

I thought it was a very nice balance from a presentation POV. It was not a production line of people trooping through so that got sick of it or felt guilty taking a break and wandering off to see other people but also not an event where you carefully set your stuff out only to do two or three presentations. This is exactly the sort of thing I think would play well at the Santa Maria event, maybe on the lawn or if the tour guides would let us - on the ship. I saw many of our group doing formal and informal presentations at this event - it was very cool.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oi how far does the ferry actually travel? A mile, two, or more?

I think I heard that the island is three miles off the coast. I would have to double check a map to ensure that number is accurate. The other thing is, the main downtown of the island is a couple of miles from where the slow ferry docks (which is actually quite fast), there is an express ferry (that costs a fair bit more and runs later) that docks right in the downtown core (more or less).

I will be the main contact person for the re-enactors for next year as well. Although it will be a pretty relaxed endeavour again. Just more time for planning as there will not be as much "0n-again, off-again" circumstances next year as there was this year.

Michael_banner.jpg

Now that my brain has settled and I can think clearly again...

I just want to say "Thank You!!!!" to all those who came out last weekend. This was a pretty last minute deal that we all came together for, and did a spectacular job of. Sure there were a few bumps along the road (none so bold as the heavy handed jerk demanding all the re-enactors being on time, being late himself :D ) but outside a few stressful moments, even that was barely a blip on the radar of having a great time and doing a wonderful job!

I'm proud and happy at how great the folks who came out for this one made of the weekend. I think it is a testament that in the costume contest, of the 32 contestants of mixed styles of clothing/costumes, which boiled down to 8 finalists, over half of which were with the re-enactors, and of course the winner being M.A. d'Dogge. A lot of ideas for improvement have been mentioned, and will be discussed for next year. But despite all the good ideas for making it better, the ideas for improvement are secondary to the excellent feedback the festival organizers gave us and the good reception we got from the spectators.

All of those who came out were awesome! I can't thank you all enough for pulling together on this one and making it the awesome time we all had!

Michael_banner.jpg

didna take many....too busy gettin felt up by bridesmaids i guess....ooooffff... :D

but here are the rest i took

Put-in-Bay Pyrates

Such lush photos. Can I use them?

Mission_banner5.JPG