Identifying a short sword.

HarborMaster

I am hoping someone here can help me to identify a sword I recently came into possession of. There are alot of damage marks to the sides , edge, and back however there are also some possible ID markings. I dont know much about swords and am hoping to find out what it is? I will post pics as soon as I can take them. :rolleyes:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

It appears to be a possible 19th century British or Commonwealth artillery short sword of some type. This is just my guess.

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I thank you for your input Captain Midnight . I will take that as a starting point for my research and go from their. :P

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Aye, I thought it might be some British Commonwealth weapon, but I don't see any recognizable British government marks, such as the Broad Arrow anywhere, so it may not be British at all. The style of the lettering of the stamps appear to be either late 1800's or early 1900's in appearance.

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I will look for some Spanish links. The crown made me think English , but that is based on nothing as swords are unfamiliar to me in the sence of historical knowledge. Perhaps French then too ? Artillery short sword ? Wherever its from artillery short sword is the look of it. Thanks folks.,any other ideas please jump in . Oh ., one more question..., could it be Napoleonic wars ., or too new for that?

I will look for some Spanish links. The crown made me think English , but that is based on nothing as swords are unfamiliar to me in the sence of historical knowledge. Perhaps French then too ? Artillery short sword ? Wherever its from artillery short sword is the look of it. Thanks folks.,any other ideas please jump in . Oh ., one more question..., could it be Napoleonic wars ., or too new for that?

any ID yet. someone posted pics of spainish buttons about 2-3weeks ago some had crowns on them might compare the stamp with them.