Additional off site camping

There is at least two additional private campgrounds on Key West for those who want to camp at an affordable alternative to motels:

Boyd's Campground

Leo's Camp

You'll want to reserve as early as possible to guarantee your spot. (I have stayed there and it's not a bad spot when you split the cost per/person)

Edited by callenish gunner

• 3 months later...

For those wishing to hotel camp, :), The Double Tree Grand Key Resort has a "Conch Republic Navy" room cost for the festival of $109 plus tax. Put four in a room and it's $30 a night, including breakfast there I believe. They also have a shuttle that takes you into Old Town.

The Pyrates of the Coast and some of the entertainer crewes will be staying there so someone will always be going back and forth to the fort, the Truman Annex and points beyond (wait, that's the ocean).

Warm showers and fresh towels, plus breakfast. Ahh! Music to me ears!

http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/EYWDTDT-Doubletree-Grand-Key-Resort-Florida/index.do

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com