Pyrate Trading Cards V

Pew

Because I'm apparently too lazy to go back and look, when is the "deadline" again?

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Groovy.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

ive got bad news...i had 9 of 10 done..then got the pright idea to spill paint all over them...im going to try to get them done again but i dont think itll be in time...my apologies for gumming up the works...ill keep you posted.

Here at metal wackers forge.....um....well... we wack metal.

http://www.colonialseaport.org/

http://www.creweofthearchangel.com/

http://www.blackbeardscrew.org/

ive got bad news...i had 9 of 10 done..then got the pright idea to spill paint all over them...im going to try to get them done again but i dont think itll be in time...my apologies for gumming up the works...ill keep you posted.

Aye- not to worry lad, I'll be a bit late as well...

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Argh! I bet you wanted to kill something! I know I would have!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Okay, I have to admit that I completely forgot about these. I feel like a total bum! Sorry guys!

I've had my mind so full of perparations for BrethrenCon, my new job, various family issues, etc. that they have completely, and repeatedly, slipped my mind.

If you guys want to go on without me, I'm totally understanding. otherwise, if I had just a few extra days, I might be able to simply whip up a basic design (already had a couple in mind, actually, just never got to doing them), and get it sent out.

I leave it up to our fearless leader.

Edited by Captain McCool

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Yeah.... yeah... yeah.... well ya see me dog....

no that be 'nother scuse....

Well... who woulda thunk th' Post office was closed on th' 5th.....

(got 'em done Saturday night...well almost done...)

But as long as ye ain't changed yer mailing address in th' last year....

they will be going out tomarrow.....Hoitoy Toity... Priority Mail.....

Okay, I have to admit that I completely forgot about these. I feel like a total bum! Sorry guys!

I've had my mind so full of perparations for BrethrenCon, my new job, various family issues, etc. that they have completely, and repeatedly, slipped my mind.

If you guys want to go on without me, I'm totally understanding. otherwise, if I had just a few extra days, I might be able to simply whip up a basic design (already had a couple in mind, actually, just never got to doing them), and get it sent out.

I leave it up to our fearless leader.

So says I-- just do it McCool!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Take your time.

I'd like to have them out in the next couple weeks, but it's more important (I think) to have everyone finish up and then send out a complete set of 10. :blink:

Whenever anyone finishes, just PM me and I'll shoot you my snail mail.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Oi, guys, we're almost three weeks behind here! I know some of you have been busy, but hey, the rest of us are wantin' to see those cards! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oi, guys, we're almost three weeks behind here! I know some of you have been busy, but hey, the rest of us are wantin' to see those cards! ;)

Ack, I am soooo sorry guys and gals... I am one of the hold-ups. I solemnly swear I will get the cards done and sent out by the end of this weekend. Been side-swiped with life lately.

Michael_banner.jpg

Yeah, I'm with you, Michael. Sorry guys, I'm trying to finish mine now! I swear they're in progress, and they will be sent out WITH my SASE as soon as piratically possible!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Yeah, I'm with you, Michael. Sorry guys, I'm trying to finish mine now! I swear they're in progress, and they will be sent out WITH my SASE as soon as piratically possible!

yep- me too- will be done very soon and gone by this week- I PROMISE.

P'raps the timin' o' this one was a bit off - what wi' NorCal, a couple o' pirate gigs fer me...a weddin'

I know I know..

suck it up

and get drawrin'!!!

Or whatever...

:lol::lol:

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Cards will be mailed out to those artists I have received cards from by August 2nd.

We are a month behind the proposed date of delivery.

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Really sorry mates. life has really kicked my arse this month. Could go into detail but I won't bore you. In any case, I'm opting out. Sorry again. I'll just have to save the one card design I actually finished for the next round.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Ya know, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, 'cause life is life, but...these cards are NOT High Art. You could do them in crayon if you wanted to. It takes maybe three or four hours to slap something fun together, and it's been two months. Plenty of time to take one day, one afternoon, or a couple of evenings to meet the deadline. It is a disservice to the artists who made the commitment and stuck to it. It is one of the reasons we state up front..."Don't sign up if you can't commit."

Like I said, life is life, and stuff happens, but seriously, these cards are not meant to be fine art. They are not something you need to stress over, think about too much, or spend a lot of time on. They are meant to be quick, easy, and fun. That was the whole point from the beginning—a break from the art journals, which were much more involved, and took up to a year to complete the round.

It just makes me sad to think of the artwork that those of us who completed the cards won't get to see. :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog