Pyrate Trading Cards V

Pew

Ahoy ya raucous rabble!!! Count me in!!! Shar.... er, Ransom talked me into it!!!

Just to be clear, are we designin' a tatoo fer Ransom's heinie, or are we just doin' piratey art with a tattoo theme?

;) Let's be leavin' me heinie out of this, shall we! LOL

And as for the theme, it's either screwed, stewed, or tattooed. Pick your choice. But, really, no X-rated stuff.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty mateys, I be just brimmin' wit' questions. But I'll keep it to ones that are pertinent to the task at hand:

* Do the cards have to be the original artwork, or can we do one piece and reproduce it onto 10 cards?

I'm thinkin', bein' as we have one month, and as this is the band's busy season with festivals and all (we have four gigs within one week alone!) and a full 5 days of 10-hour recording sessions at the end of the month, it might be more prudent (heh, I rarely use THAT word...) to put a little more effort into one piece and make ten reproductions, if that's okay for this round.

* What are the dimensions of the cards?

* What kind of card/paper stock shouldst we use, or is that up to the individual?

* and, just out of curiosity, how many participants do we have at the moment?

Edited by Nigel

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

are we designin' a tatoo fer Ransom's heinie, ...

Well to make absolootly sure everyone knows.... It will have ter be a "stand in" Heinie (Debbie Gibson's ).....So It won't really be Ransom's Heinie on alla th' cards...... ;)

I be needn' pictures of th' followin' scallywags ta finnish up me cards...

Pew

Adam Cyphers

Patrick Hand

Nigel

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

3660251270_1501aa649b.jpg

are we designin' a tatoo fer Ransom's heinie, ...

Well to make absolootly sure everyone knows.... It will have ter be a "stand in" Heinie (Debbie Gibson's ).....So It won't really be Ransom's Heinie on alla th' cards...... :rolleyes:

So, Patrick, who is this Debbie Gibson whose heinie is standing in for mine? ;)

And Nigel, ck the beginning of this thread, and it will answer all of your questions.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

I be needn' pictures of th' followin' scallywags ta finnish up me cards...

Pew

Adam Cyphers

Patrick Hand

Nigel

Still waitin on pictures of these folks...just need one of you in yer garb

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

Karadimos, if you are pitching in, do you have a picture of yourself in pirate garb you can pass along?

I just wanted to get a better feel for who is in this round... So as far as I can tell, the below should be the revised list.

1 Pew

2 Michael

3 Gunpowder Gertie

4 Cap'n Mac

5 Ransom

6 Captain McCool

7 Adam Cyphers

8 Patrick Hand

9 Nigel

10 Karadimos

Which makes it seem to me we have a full compliment of ten for this round! :lol:;)

Karadimos, Pew is organizing this round, private message him for his address when you are ready to send your cards. We generally try to avoid posting real live addresses to avoid getting additional junk mail (or that would seem like the best reason to me).

Michael_banner.jpg

I posted four pictures up in my gallery 2010. Take your pick. I know the background isn't very piratey...with all the grass and trees and it being my backyard.

I'm trying to set up a real Pirate-themed town...somewhere. I need some help with it.

Pew, my cards will be heading your way tomorrow. :P

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Ack! I've got to start work on mine! I don't even have a plan yet...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Stand to Capn' McCool! Get yer scallywagin' backside inta action ye flea infested sorry excuse fer a seadog! Ye've cards ta be makin' an the biggest landlocked pirate event this side o' Fanny Macs Burlesque an' Rum Appreciation Society's Annual Bum an' Rum Gala ta be organizin'! Tis no time for lollygaggin' an' fannywaggin' mate!

As fer my fine self, I'm all finnished an ready ta send these gems off fer distribution. Pew mate! Might ya be havin' an address fer me ta be sending these treasures in to sir? PM me.

Edited by Capn' Mac

PM sent.

Also, to all involved: Remember to include a SASE for the return trip. . . .Shame on you Ransom. . . pirate.gif

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

PM sent.

Also, to all involved: Remember to include a SASE for the return trip. . . .Shame on you Ransom. . . pirate.gif

:D Oh, shyte! Apologies, mate. I owes ye one. I blame the Absinthe. LOL

RAKEHELL-1.jpg