View New Content link

I checked my settings last week when I was initially having issues and I thought that did it but I am still not getting results when I click on the View New Content link. Has something here been changed?

I dunno, still works for me.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Are you trying it from the messages section?

This software is separated into sections for new content, so you need to be in the correct screen for it to work -namely the main forum screen showing all the sections.

- At least if it is the same as another forum I am on that looks like the same software.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Jack, I have done that from time to time, but no, not this time.

Isreal, I shall try that ...don't know that it will work.

i have even tried "mark board as read" so as to start anew, that DIDN'T work at all.

Still looking at browser settings ...hmmm ...think I shall try another browser.

I do know that the system manages such things with cookies . . . so if your browser is deleting them or isn't keeping track of them - that could be a reason.

It could also be something as simple as your browser updated it's self and now there's some sort of software compatibility issue - even if no one else is complaining about it.

I believe the Pub software is due for another update. I want to read up on it and see what people are saying before I apply it though.

• 1 month later...

I checked my settings last week when I was initially having issues and I thought that did it but I am still not getting results when I click on the View New Content link. Has something here been changed?

Silkie, Now that I've upgraded the Pub - are you still having problems with this feature?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...