Late 17th / Early 18th Century Hunting Hanger

PoD

Here is the Antique English Hunting Hanger I have just treated myself to from the late 17th to early 18th century.

hanger2.jpg

hanger3.jpg

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

ooh! Nicey nice!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Woo hoo... congratulations... almost as pretty as my small sword... ;) Nice to have the real deal isn't it...and this hanger is a beauty...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I think my favorite part is the cutout portions of the shell guard. I was unaware swords from the period ever bore that particular detail.

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm actually trying to work out how to make a mold of the whole hilt so I can reproduce it and fit a reenactment grade blade onto it. I think I need to find my liquid latex.

bannerad.jpg

"It belongs in a museum."

- Henry Jones Jr.

;)

Looks good, I'm QUITE jealous and wish I had access to great stuff like that over here. Around me, "family antiques" are from the 1960s, not the 1660s.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Heh, I know what you mean, Jack. Everything's too frigging new here.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

As most of you know by now, I am sort of a clamshell freak. I have looked at many originals and seen alot of styles but none exactly like this. Leading me to recreate this piece or at least the shell. Stay tuned...crazy when your 1stmate gets inspired!

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

As most of you know by now, I am sort of a clamshell freak. I have looked at many originals and seen alot of styles but none exactly like this. Leading me to recreate this piece or at least the shell. Stay tuned...crazy when your 1stmate gets inspired!

If you want any measurements off it Matt let me know and I'll get me calipers out lol

bannerad.jpg

Woohoo! I was hoping I'd hear that from you, Matt! I can't wait to see it!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Yes, any dimentions that you can get me will help. Blade length/thickness/fuller width/handle length and I should be able to figure out the rest from there. Also what materials everything is made out of. To be honest I may make this pattern welded.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop