I'll have yer guts fer garters!

Capn' Mac

So I woke up this morning with my guts gripping so I took a sick day...and I just couldn’t sit on my ass watching the idiot box waiting to feel better. So with the on-going goal of improving my late 16th century kit I took on an easy project today and made some garters out of some spare suede and suede lacing. I know they are not exactly “period” but it passed the time and now when I get some period stockings next week, I’ll have something to keep them up with. Might even add them as a product to our stock if folks are interested in buying some...

4565877527_3c3b8eaf5d.jpg

4566506768_253784af1b.jpg

4566506704_4803f5160d_o.jpg4566506676_faca040d34_o.jpg

4565877435_9c21a1d763_m.jpg

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

3660251270_1501aa649b.jpg

I'd probably be interested in buying a pair, price permitting. Might even be able to pick them up in person, if that's the case.

I'd really like how they turned out! Decorative, yet not over the top. I'd be interested to see the period stockings when they come too, and to know where you got them.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Looking good. I could have used a pair this weekend as the pirate festival I was at was no fun in freezing winds when me stockings kept falling down.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

I likes. :-) nice works

Thank you very much Lady Brower! Having seen your work (especially your wool caps and breeches) I take that as quite a complement. If I make these available for purchase I’m curious, what would folks be willing to pay?

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

3660251270_1501aa649b.jpg

Haha, that's a dangerous question with me, since I'm recently unemployed, and therefore broke. But I'm sure others would be willing to give a fair price. wink.gif

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm terrible with pricing! I've been told a good general starting point, is 3 times the cost of materials adjusting for time, and your market. I've found that us reenactors are generally low on cash (I have no idea how that happens... LOL) so in the end I never know what to charge.

But they are very lovely, and I'm sure you will price them fairly. :-)

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle