Port Washington Pirate Festival

Jib

I have heard rumors that the Port Washington Pirate festival is going to happen. Anyone know the details?

I posted this here because I found no way to post on the events thread. Delete if you must for my rule breaking ways.

Yep, as far as I can tell, the PWPF is on -- and everything is about the same as last year. The website is up and running, but I've heard communication is lousy as ever. We still plan to attend, though I think the Fool's Gold Crew will be pretty small this year, so I'm not sure exactly what we'll be doing. The are a few posts in the old thread (Port Washington Pirate Festival 2009) regarding this year. That's all I know for now.

I have heard rumors that there is no longer camping for reenactors? Any truth to this?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Yes, Port Washington will happen.

No, there is not camping in the vicinity for the portrayers. Sorry, Sterling. I know, it sucks. I need as much money as I can for other things (Trek Fest, MAYBE CyPhan, Pirates of Paynetown, Official Stargate Convention, PiP...). The hotel's getting a bit much especially at $100 a night!

Check out the old threads under Raids. There's more there... well, sort of.

Yes, unfortunately, the management/admin is rather... "maddeningly unhelpful" and often reclusive. I know not if I have a spot for my wee encampment or not. I've heard NOTHING m'self.

Bess... if possible, would fancy to help the lot of ye out with the Articles. I don't have any, not sure if MerryD has any. But I can sure supply m' ink and quill pens as well as m'self to sign the lads and lasses up.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Lady B is correct.

I just got this email from the admin rep of the Port Washington Pirate Fest. I am very disappointed in the statement she/he made about the 'naughty pirates'. It just hurts those who are respectful of such events.

Correct, there is no camping at the Port Washington Pirate Festival anymore.

We had some very naughty pirates and they caused us to lose our privileges.

Here are some local sites:

Waubedonia Park 262-692-2825 or www.co.ozaukee.wi.us/Parks/WaubedoniaCampsites.htm

Lazy Days Campground (262) 675-6511, 1475 Lakeview Dr, West Bend, WI

Lake Lenwood Beach & Campground (262) 334-1335 7053 Lenwood Dr, West Bend, WI

Timber Trail Camp Ground (262) 338-8561 7590 Good Luck Ln, West Bend, WI

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Yes, Port Washington will happen.

No, there is not camping in the vicinity for the portrayers.

~Lady B

thank you Lady B. for confirming this...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Yo'r welcome.

It sucks, I know. Makes it all the harder to attend an event like that. Especially when the hotel rate per night has gone up and the closest camping is a wee bit of a drive (parking by the marina is horrific during the event!)

I doubt I will return next year. Too much going into attending this event with no compensation. Kills plans for attending other events.

~Lady B

Awww... tis a pity it be september, Captain. Granted, th' Windy and Windy 2 has been fabulous havin' at events... but nothin' beats a wooden vessel!

~Lady B

You'd have to drink a lot of rum, and smoke some wacky tobaccy to even begin to imagine either Windy or Windy II as a 'pirate vessel'...Good folks, but really, no gundeck,etc. September is the only open spot on our calendar for a stop there. All of August will be spent on other Lake Michigan ports.....Then it be south on the 'ole Miss...

• 4 weeks later...

Event Update....

Well, after four years of 'bad weather' we had sunny skies for the majority of Friday and Saturday (didn't really start to sprinkle until 4 pm or so). The crowds were out in force and there were familiar faces all about. Master Gunner, Merchant Mary Diamond, Mr. Symms, Bess Hagerty and Lilly McKinney made their appears last weekend. We had a blast working with children at the Pirate Breakfast, taking a trip upon the ship, and making new friends with several of the actors.

Dinner at Tello's was wonderful and Saturday night's fireworks were grand. Yet, I fear we lost Gunner Beach long the way...but I'm sure he is sailing back to his home port safe and sound.

Best quote: Gunner Beach: "Lass, do you want to pet my skunk?"

Young Lass: "I all ready did and I pi@@ed my pants!"

Priceless!

With all the excitement and fun, I was made aware that there was new management this year. A brand new start. That means new lists, new voltenteers, new contacts, and new proceedures...starting from scratch.

Hopefully, those of you who couldn't make it out this year will be able to attend next year. Bring the good weather with you and have some fun...we did!

Pictures to follow shortly.

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"