Going off the grid

Well the economic crisis has even hit us low-life hillbillies. Blondie has just recieved notice that due to funding cuts they will be cutting her hours, and the future of the preschool for next year is uncertain at this point. That sunk our budget all to hell and we are now oficially taking in less than we have going out, cuts have to be made, so phone and internet get the axe first. It's been fun here but i have decided that once i get rid of this electronic nightmare, get unplugged from the Matrix, I ain't coming back. I kinda miss life before I got hooked up on this thing anyway. My finishing school just got thrown into the maybe category as well, so looks like the pressure I've been getting from my outlaw bretheren to re-group may have been a prophecy. Anyhow, after next weeks finals are over, we are canceling service so i won't be on-line anymore. See ya'll in the funny papers.

Bo

Well, we just realized that friday is the end of april, so we will be cancelling service then. Anyone wants or needs my contact info for snail-mail (the only way to contact me for awhile anyhow)PM me before friday. Best wishes to all, I'll miss you guys and gals.

Bo

Yeah Bo I know that feeling I just got a call from the state of Pennsylvania telling me that they claim I didn't file state tax return 18 years ago and they want me to pay taxes from 1992...of which I have no records to even determine what it was or how when I filed my federal returns and I always filled them both out the same time. and mailed them at the same time at the same post. Having worked for a hundred companies over the years I don't even know who I worked for way back then. plus the ex-wife also worked and we filed joint returns but they want me to pay the full nut!!! on my Social Security ....yeah right

Yeah Bo I know that feeling I just got a call from the state of Pennsylvania telling me that they claim I didn't file state tax return 18 years ago and they want me to pay taxes from 1992...of which I have no records to even determine what it was or how when I filed my federal returns and I always filled them both out the same time. and mailed them at the same time at the same post. Having worked for a hundred companies over the years I don't even know who I worked for way back then. plus the ex-wife also worked and we filed joint returns but they want me to pay the full nut!!! on my Social Security ....yeah right

18 years ago? That should be 11 years past the statute of limitations. At least it would be in Ohio.

Mark (not a lawyer)

You will definitely be missed, sir. Though I too think life was better before all these social networks and forums started sucking time away from what we really should be doing. Fair winds and enjoy the peace and quiet of life off the grid. Sorry that rough times precipitated it and things will get better.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Wishing you both better times. I will keep in touch

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

That's too bad Bo.

I do have your address, so I'll try and keep in touch with you that way, though not much of a letter writer.

Just remember, we're the best port in the storm, so if you ever get back on line, come back for a good tot of rum and fun.

Rumba Rue

pirates-1.gif

Best wishes and good luck to you and your family, Bo. Hopefully, the rough times will ease up soon. And, as already suggested, use the library to check in once and a while, to let everyone know how you're doing.

Fair winds.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oh, that sucks, Bo. ;) Ye'll be missed... sorely. But ye make sure ye come back as soon as ye return online, aye? Take care and sorry t' hear things keep taking not-so-welcome turns. I'm with ye on the posse though. About there m'self!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Just a quick note to say howdy and will be missing ya'll. I'm on campus in the library waiting for a final, so thought I'd at least let ya know I ain't givin up on life... yet. have a great summer everyone, maybe I'll get to stop by in the fall if i get to finish my schoolin'.

Bo

Bo, keep fillin yer head..knowledge is a noble thing.

Fair winds and following Seas, hope they blow you back around these parts. Be well and all. Slainte!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well we just went off the grid last week as well, we try to get into land at least once a week but cant guarantee internet access. As for our accomodations we are on a 31 foot sailboat anchored off rowing to and from shore in good pirate fashion.

id.jpg