URGENT! Ships from the 16th-18th century

hey, I need to know some places that have ship that are available for the public to go on, i've looked at the golden hinde but i am not sure how to navigate the site. I just need to know if the ship is accessible on the 28th. I am going to london this wednesday so if you could name any spots in london especially that would be great as well as anywere other ships around the uk u have visited.

Edited by Lieutenant Alex

Golden Hind, Brixham, Devon: open every day until November

Golden Hinde, London

HMS Endeavour, Stockton on Tees

HMS Victory (original), Portsmouth

HMS Warrior (original), Portsmouth

HMS Trincomalee (Original), Hartlepool

SS Great Britain (original), Bristol

Matthew, Bristol

HMS Gannet (original), Chatham

HMS Unicorn and Discovery (originals), somewhere in Scotland, forget where exactly.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

The Golden Hinde is a nice little vessel, though I have only had the fortune of seeing her dockside, not onboard. I don't know if the Cutty Sark is open at all yet, but if there is any possibility of seeing the ship, I would recommend a trip to Greenwich (though she's 19th Century, she's a beautiful boat). If you get a chance to take a trip to Portsmouth, definitely spend a day at the museum and go onboard the HMS Victory, HMS Warrior, and take a look at the Mary Rose and accompanying museum. Those would be my recommendations, but I'd be happy to hear if others can recommend other ships for next time I'm out that way.

Coastie

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

The Golden Hinde is a nice little vessel, though I have only had the fortune of seeing her dockside, not onboard. I don't know if the Cutty Sark is open at all yet, but if there is any possibility of seeing the ship, I would recommend a trip to Greenwich (though she's 19th Century, she's a beautiful boat). If you get a chance to take a trip to Portsmouth, definitely spend a day at the museum and go onboard the HMS Victory, HMS Warrior, and take a look at the Mary Rose and accompanying museum. Those would be my recommendations, but I'd be happy to hear if others can recommend other ships for next time I'm out that way.

Coastie

The Cutty Sark is undergoing a major and controversial renovation. The restoration got off to a bad start. There was a fire early on. Fortunately, almost everything that was burned was later addition.

More recently, a high-ranking official resigned over a plan to raise the ship three meters so that visitors can walk below the ship. There is some question about the new structure being able to support the ship without damaging it.

Mark