British c.1705 Queen Anne Royal Livery Button - Lion holding crown

PoD

I just bought this button and wondered if anyone knew if this button actually is what they say?

Also if it is Authenthic would there be any interest in me getting some replicas cast?

British c.1705 Queen Anne Royal Livery Button - Lion

button.jpg

British found - Complete inc reverse fastening loupe

For auction, an original british issue, circa.1705 A.D date, bronze composition, Royal type of Livery button, the button was issued under queen anne of england. The button has finest detail of a typical lion of the period holding crown.

specification:

• Bronze composition
  • 23.0 mm diameter
  • Original & scarce type

Futher research I have done suggests that these buttons had Gold Gilting on them too.

If I got them replicated would people prefer them in Bronze or in Brass?

Edited by PoD

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

I just bought this button and wondered if anyone knew if this button actually is what they say?

Also if it is Authenthic would there be any interest in me getting some replicas cast?

British c.1705 Queen Anne Royal Livery Button - Lion

button.jpg

British found - Complete inc reverse fastening loupe

For auction, an original british issue, circa.1705 A.D date, bronze composition, Royal type of Livery button, the button was issued under queen anne of england. The button has finest detail of a typical lion of the period holding crown.

specification:

• Bronze composition
  • 23.0 mm diameter
  • Original & scarce type

Futher research I have done suggests that these buttons had Gold Gilting on them too.

If I got them replicated would people prefer them in Bronze or in Brass?

I've been doing a bit more research and I am getting mixed info on this button. Some says its an Honourable East India Company button while others say its an 1842 G & J Burns Ltd button. I asked the seller for his source and he says he has a book with the information in and its definately from 1705. I'm a bit puzzled by it to say the least. Dont want to waste money replicating it if its not right

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...