BrethrenCon

Captain McCool

Avast ye swabs!

It is my great pleasure to announce the most excellent and auspicious event that is BRETHRENCON.

BrethrenCon is by far Colorado's largest and most exciting pirate event, and Denver's first EVER pirate convention! Drawing buccaneer brethren from across the nation to partake in our revelry, BrethrenCon is an event not to be missed! Just because we're landlocked doesn't mean we can't party like pirates! Indeed, we believe our aquatically challenged location to be an advantage. Why? It's simple: neutral ground. You cannot get farther away from the ocean than Denver, Colorado (well, except maybe for Kansas. But seriously, who wants to go to Kansas?tongue.gif). Being so far inland, Denver is the ideal location for pirate brethren from all 7 seas to come together on equal footing!

This most excellent celebration is being held on Saturday, September 18th, 2010 beginning promptly at 12:00 noon! That's right, one day before International Talk Like a Pirate Day! So buckle yer swash, and shiver yer timbers, because this is going to be a party for the record books! We've got a fantastic lineup slated for this year, including a delicious feast provided by our hotel, and included in admission to the con. We are happy to welcome back the Celtic musical stylings of Mondragon (www.mondragonmusic.com), and we are phenomenally excited to present the eerie pirate/gypsie/zombie folk airs of that deliciously devilish troupe of undead, The Widow's Bane (www.myspace.com/widowsbane)!!

And watch out, because in the early evening the party begins, with the con's transformation into the UNDEAD Buccaneer Bash! That's right folks, the Aztec gold will have a hold on us all as the night progresses, and the zombies, ghouls, and fiends come out to play! Yer off the edge of the map, mates! Here there be monsters! Come in your best undead pirate attire, or just your best pirate attire! Or if it comes down to it, just come in your civvies! And remember, you don't have to be a hard-core pirate to enjoy this, the best Talk Like a Pirate Day celebration in the state! Everyone can be a pirate for one day!

Admission is $30 at the door, but only $25 if you pre-register now! Also, BrethrenCon 2010 t-shirts are ONLY available through pre-registration. So remember, pre-register now, and keep a weather eye on the horizon for more news, announcements, and updates!

To pre-register, and for more information, visit www.brethrencon.com!

See you at the con!

Captain Simon Drake, Captain Jack McCool, and Captain Bartholomew Steehl of the Sunken Bones Society (www.sunkenbones.com)

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

You know you want to! Think about it!

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add that, in light of the recent disaster in the Gulf Coast, we will be donating one dollar of every pre-registration to the Gulf Coast cleanup efforts. You can also choose to donate a larger amount through paypal, if you wish.

And another thing to bear in mind! The first 100 pre-registrations will be entered into a drawing to be held at the con for a pair of non-firing replica flintlock pistols! So pre-register fast!

Here's a direct link to the tickets page:

http://www.brethrencon.com/index.php?page=tickets

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 2 months later...

Just a bump fer the thread, and a reminder to all who are interested in attending BrethrenCon to PRE-REGISTER NOW!

As they say at Nike, just do it: www.brethrencon.com

There's less than one month til the con, and we're workin' our piratey arses off to bring to the best pirate fare Colorado has to offer! We're even flying Bilgemunky out for the event! It's a party not to be missed!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 11 months later...

Ahoy, shipmates!

Blackbead and crew will be attending BrethrenCon II!! My vendor fee went off in the mail today and Captain Jasper and I are already getting excited about attending this soiree! I'll be bringing SOME of the treasure I picked up on me voyage to the exciting city of Baghdad so make sure ye stop by to see what we got! Of course, we'll have the jwelry, t-shirts, books, CDs, replica flintlocks, etc. that you remember! So, come to Denver and experience BrethrenCon II!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Damn tempting, Mate.

Hold fast there...did I just read ye swear??

Sounds like a grand affair and I wish ye all the best but the crewe is already committed that weekend to Marcus Hook...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday and Sunday of this GRAND event, yours truly will be presenting a talk on "The Pirate Laureate or 200 Years of Pirates in Poetry." Starting with the wildly successful publication, in 1814, of Lord Byron's "The Corsair", we'll sail through the years up to the modern times with ELP's "Pirates" and two works by Shel Silverstein. Come hear how pirates have been portrayed in the poetry of a Pirate Laureate of the United Kingdom and why Bilgemunky thinks "The Captain's Coat" should be put to music!

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."