Mountain Ranch Rendezvouse

Patrick Hand

Dang... I shoulda posted this last month... so now it's next weekend....

But there is a rendezvouse up in Mountain Ranch (California) this next weekend...So Red Handed Jill(TH' West Coast one) an' Jack....an' maybe som others outta the S.F. Bay area will be thar......

Yeah... sure... what's a rendezvouse gots ter do wit Pyrates ye may ask.... welll.... how many of you gots a gun wot ye just fire blanks outta.... at a rendezvouse, ye gets ter fire real balls outta th' dang thing....(just as God intended...)

Most rendezvouse are pre- 1840's....... Hey.... Most of us are 1720's (well or 1669)... so that's way before 1840... so that fits.....(an' they kinda like us...something bout us being so dang sexy or somthin')

Or somethin' like that.....

Yes sir they love pirates at Rendezvous and I always have a blast hanging out with the crusty mountain men. However, they are very serious about period correctness. Pirates and mountain men had a closer relationship than most would think... many a pirate's booty ended up in trade channels I'm sure.... floating up the Mississippi.

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

Yarr, me and Liam just got back from a truly primitive rendezvous at Hart Canyon. Ye'd be hard pressed to see anything modern after clearin' the Parking area and cresting the adjacent hill. So far the Iron Brigade are the only pirates to encamp with that bunch of Mountain Men. Last year as I was leavin', one of me dear friends said," I just don't get it...Mountain Men and Pirates....." I says, says I, "aint ye never read about the river boat pirates that brought goods up the Mississippi and Missouri rivers... Ya figure them goods and supplies only came on the backs of animals?' He says, says he," Oh Yeah, now I see the connection." Any how, as Patrick said, Ye get to shoot live rounds at Injuns and such. They have trail walks, shootin gongs, and my favorite...They love to see us shootin' archery. this year there were 3 origional boarding axes sold in camp, a visit by the Dinsay twins and their flip cart, and several appearences of Chester the night soil man, not to mention his capture and escapes. I thought Liam was gonna keelhaul him when he threw him over his shoulder...Thank God Liam didn't hurt him.....These guys are like some of us pirates....Totally period correct to their time period which includes the fur trade era to 1820. Really refreshing after the hollywierd pirates and plastic renees. Kind of a cleansing for us, so's ta speak. Unfortunately We have so much fun keeping period correct we rarely take pictures but I think I got some of Chester and the Dinsay twins, I'll try to forward tonight....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins