Embroidered stays

Fox

After what's seemed like months and months...

RSStaysfront.jpg

Front

RSStayssideP1000599.jpg

Side

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Well done! Foxe I didn't know ye were so talented with a needle and thread... :D

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Much as I would be delighted to claim credit, I didn't even help with the eyelets...

Mrs F. reckons they took four months, at an average of four hours a day.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

She has way too much free time on her hands...seriously though, can she do drawn work as well?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

She has way too much free time on her hands...seriously though, can she do drawn work as well?

By 'drawn work' do you mean as in with a paper and pencil, or is it some technical embroidery term that is beyond my ken? If you mean with paper and pencil, then yes, the first time I saw that design it was full size, on paper, completely original (though based on some period pieces), and coloured in without even going over the lines.

Foxe got himself a good one.

In many many ways. But don't tell her I said that or she'll go all coy and slushy. :D

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

By 'drawn work' do you mean as in with a paper and pencil, or is it some technical embroidery term that is beyond my ken?

some technical embroidery term...

Crewe of the Archangel

Tell Mrs Foxe ...not that she doesn't know this already ...FANTASTIC! I wish I could order a set but ...I suppose I will have to actually make my own if I want some. Just beautiful the pattern, the work, the fit ...BRAVO!

The likelihood om me making my own ...well ...it is unlikely right now.

uummmm..... that's down right amazing..... ;)

and there is a Mrs. F?!?! I didn't know..... and she's quite handy with a needle. (Actually better than me for sure!)

Bravo!! Wish I could see them at the next event but alas.... Foxe you're too far away.

Still most excellent work. They look great!

Foxe -

Three Rums Up on the craftmanship.

Most excellent!

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

...and there is a Mrs. F?!?! I didn't know...

You don't think I could spend this much time immersed in piracy without somebody else providing me with the necessities for maintaining life do you? ;)

Foxe

ETFox.co.uk

these are awesome!!!

and it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo wonderful to see that you did not round off the bottom of the stays...

and that provides me inspiration for my stays that are not finished ( cause i didnot want to mess with the prickly rounded tabs!!!)

and i love that you cannot see the stays lines thru the design/ pattern!!!

this is a magnificent piece!! be proud of all that you have done!!!

and it is so cool because your wife can make skirts of anyof the embrodiery colors to match and make the costume GORGEOUS!!!!--

and i am tremendously interested in what kind of mantua you put over such a gorgeous set of stays???

can yah show us that fabric ?

i cant wait to see--

and tell your wife how fab she is with a needle---

Incredibly fabulous, foxe. M' compliments. Absolutely stunning piece. Lucky lass t' wear such finery. :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!