Land locked and going mad!!

Capn' Mac

I found the Pub last year and have spent the last twelve months discovering further internet pirate goodness such as Bilgemunkey, Pirate Magazine, many merchants, etc. And while these are great things one and all I must confess to getting crazier than a starving bilge rat being stuck here in the landlocked Rockies far away from all of these lovely events, festivals, and the like.

Any other similarly afflicted scurvy dogs out there or am I truly stuck in this hell of a locker alone?

Misery love company and a nice shot of rum after all…

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

3660251270_1501aa649b.jpg

There's plenty of people here in your situation.

However some travel to where the festivals are.

I know there's a Renfaire in Colorado (happen to see a sign for it when passing through Delores/Pagosa Springs two years ago)but as of yet know of no pirate events there in your state.

Oh and welcome back to the pub! ;)

The only Event here in Raleigh NC is the NC Ren Faire and they are not to friendly on Pirates or any locals that aren't part of their "group" so I end up traveling a lot when I can. Keep looking through the pub under Raids, there are always new events popping up and most people are willing to carpool. Wish you luck on getting a chance to play pirate soon

The Colorado Renaissance Festival is fun and all and actually very pirate friendly but not pirate specific. My wife and I were married there 11 glorious years ago and intent on having a pirate themed –renewal of vows there for what we’re calling our Black 13th in a couple of years. That being said this just doesn’t compare to the colorful rum fests I’ve seen on line such as PiP, Paynestown, etc.Once our youngest is a bit older, we get some bills paid down, and life gives us a chance to breath a bit we intend to do some traveling. Our list right now is to hit:

- Portland Pirate Festival (lived there for three years before this one even started)

- Pirates in Paradise

- Pirates in Paynestown

In the mean time I’ll just have to warm my piratey cockles here with you fine folks. Just wish I had more to contribute…

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

Cap'n Mac! I too am a landlocked pirate of the Rockie Mountains! I run a crew called the Pirates of Ill Repute in the Denver Metro area and along the Front Range! Check us out at www.piratesofillrepute.org .

I actually worked 4 seasons at the Colorado Renaissance Festival as "Cap'n Jack." While I love the faire, I agree, it's terrible not to have our own strictly pirate themed event here.

That is why myself, and a few other like-minded landlocked buccaneers are starting BrethrenCon. Colorado's FIRST EVER pirate convention!

It started in 2007 as something called the Buccaneer Bash. Essentially, the Buccaneer Bash was just a big pirate party celebrating International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It has been by far the biggest pirate event in Colorado for the past three years, and now we have decided to expand it into a proper convention. For 2010 we are doing one full day, starting at noon and ending at midnight, of piratey goodness. The date is Saturday, September 18th . There will be vendors, games, workshops, contests, at least 3 fantastic bands, and a wonderful caribbean themed feast included in admission. You can find out about pricing, location, overnight accomodations, and any latest news at www.brethrencon.com . Go to the website now to pre-register for a discounted admission!

Our intention is to turn BrethrenCon into a nationally recognized pirate event. While most people think of being landlocked as a hinderance, we feel it's an advantage. Why? It's simple: neutral ground. You cannot get farther away from any ocean than Denver, Colorado (well, except maybe for Kansas, but who wants to go to Kansas? tongue.gif). This makes it the perfect neutral meeting place for pirates from around the country.

So whether you're in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, etc. you should seriously consider coming out and supporting our cause!

As for the rest of the year, however, like I said, there is my group, the Pirates of Ill Repute, and we do ren faire raids, as well as other fun events. There is also a HUGE group called the Colorado Rogues (www.coloradorogues.com). They are by far the biggest pirate group along the Front Range. And if you're from across the divide, there is an old offshoot of the CO Rogues called the Highland Rogues. You'll never meet a better, more welcoming set of pirates than they. Of course, if you're not from Colorado, but another Rocky Mountain state, I couldn't say. But I'm sure there are other pirate groups scattered throughout the Great Plains and Rockies.

So take heart, mate! Being landlocked aint as bad as all that!

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

got to go see Col Ren Faire last year and I was very jealous of the carousing going on at the pub. Alas, I had to leave (sober) and missed the frivolities. Just a reminder that by 2012, you will have ocean front property, if the far-seers are true!

Most of the water I'm seeing lately is puddles! haaaaarrrrr!

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Could it be? A small whispering lick of wind blowing through this rocky and barren desert spelling some small sign of relief? Thank you Capt. McCool for providing what may turn out to e a well needed respite for this blackened briny sailor’s heart. A pirate can only survive so long on rum and solitude. For certain it is the press of the throng that keeps our ships afloat while in shallow and murky shoals.

And aye, to be sure my lovely Black Molly and I will of course make our annual sojourn to the Colo Renn Fest. Keep a weather eye out for us.

Thanks for your warm words all. Tis a blessed port this.

If it helps any . . .

Even many of the events more in my region are still far away.

Paynestowne is only a wee bit further than Hampton, VA from me. Florida is further, and I'm only in South Carolina.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

I love that movie! I even own a copy!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Major bummer, Red Wake. You should come out to Colorado and hang with us brigands!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Major bummer, Red Wake. You should come out to Colorado and hang with us brigands!

Oi Capn McCool.

Though we be not landlocked, with the pleasant Pacific off our shores, an yet- thar be NO pirate groups roundabout. Though there be some right acrost the border, but we be thin on Canadian pirates.

So- I started me own crew- Buccaneers o' the Black Fleet! Though at this time, we only have 6 members, we hope ta grow ta more! We are also lookin' ta p'raps start arrr own pirate festival- small at first. I may be sending ya a parrot wi' questions tattooed on it's chest! Was lookin' ta do somethin' fer Scurvy awareness day- but I'll be a day out o' sickbay, so not sure if I'll be up ta it.

Any pyrates in the Vancouver BC- Lower Mainland area- who want ta join me merry band o' cutthroats-be droppin' me a Parrot Mail!

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

I would love to, but I would be happier still if we could find a lake half way between your crew and here. If I ever drive through there on the way to any events in the midwest, you have my promise that I'll stop in to see you all.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

No kidding, right? I guess there's always the Colorado River! And hey, you could always come out for BrethrenCon! (can you tell I'm trying to plug this event?tongue.gif)

Edited by Captain McCool

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 7 months later...

I was in need of joining a pirate crew a couple of years ago, and when I discovered there were none to be had in the Hudson Valley, I started my own crew, "If you build it, they will come."

Hence the BC Renfest and the Jade Dragon Crew. Good on yah!

If you set up a webpage or anything do let us all know. I've made so many friends across North America, when the new webpage is released for us I want to do a killer links page.

P.S. Like the uniquness of the group name and icon/logo.

Edited by CharityRackham

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Aye Captn' Mac, I know yer agony!

Here I sit in southern Manitoba. I've got a ship (in dry dock for the winter), I've got a magnificent lake only two hours away, I have me eye on treasure ships just begging to be plundered (with crews that'll offer little resistance), but I'm ALONE! I can'a find a single soul to sail with me :P Still trying to find able seamen with a taste for adventure .....

Captain of Enterprise out of Rheault Bay

I am stuck in St. Charles County MO, plenty of buckskinners and Lewis and Clark types ( L & C had boats though!) Rendezvous etc.....the only Pirates I know are a buddy of mine who likes pirates, but does no re-enacting, and I know OF, but have not met, Mr. Thatcher of this board.....

Kinda like being marooned.

Off topic a bit, the city I work for has a new park with a 160 acre lake.....I am thinking Pirate festival of some sort.....there are going to be primitive as well as RV camping in the same park........scheduled to open in the Spring of 2011

Wes

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

Join the club, my friend! Here in Bucharest no pirates either... but I get them online, in my games... Join one of them, play a pirate and feel the Caribbean sun in the winter of the North...

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-