What's in your garage?

MarkG

I wanted to put some teak oil on the flooring of my boat. First I needed to swab off the mud from last year. That meant moving a bunch of stuff so that I could roll the boat out of my garage. The stuff I had to move included: two swivel guns of different sizes, two wooden buckets, a wood crate (for camping gear, not treasure), and a wooden barrel. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person in my neighborhood who has to move cannons in order to get to his boat.

Does anyone else have an interesting garage?

Mark

OMW... you HAD to go there... :blink:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

oh I've seen sterlings garage. Its not pretty. amazing yes, pretty no.

I had a great little barn with an old Ford N8 tractor, some chickens and a nice little workshop. quite homely and quiet, was gonna put a yurt out back. Then ship happens and that was the end of that- now its full of wood and rigging, dust and blueprints, the occasional small project because there are always other things on the bench now oh and a 360 lb cannon that we have to move to work on the boat.... Mark, tell me a story please! Whats it like to have a finished, floating boat?

We have four cannons plus accoutrement. And a 15'4" Whitehall in our storage garage, suspended (securely) above a 1960 Austin Healey Sprite. And wooden crates and canvas tent and a lofting shed, a couple of iron braziers, some barrels and a host of other items.

RHJMap.jpg

I have taken to leaving my gear in my car.

Or in my garage.... ;)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

My garage... is a capped Ford F-150. dry.gif

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

My parents have a boat shed in their backyard (but no boat) so that is where I keep the larger stuff like the three other 18th and 19th century steamer trunks I haven't finished restoring yet. I have one in my living room that I wanted to restore but the misses likes it the way it is so I left it alone.

Well, besides tools, three drafting tables, a Rubbermaid pantry, and a bunch of boxed up stuff stacked to the rafters, because we thought we were going to move, there is a 1970 Dodge Challenger taking up most of the space. I've had it since 1972.

Oh, and BTW, it's for sale, if anyone is interested. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I got a garage. Just the usual stuff you'd find in any garage...along with some rather more curious items. There's the bits and pieces of me inflatable 8 ft pontoon boat...some broken pieces of glass...broken pieces of stone (but its a very special type of stone)...pressure flakers...copper boppers...my trusty Ishi Stick...a couple of atlatls and darts thereunto...

Damn, thats sharp!

People actually put cars in their garage...?

Crewe of the Archangel

I have taken to leaving my gear in my car.

Or in my garage.... :D

Yea that too. Note to self: Don't buy equipment that you can not transport in the civic ...still need that roof rack.

i've got silkies stuff to! in the overflow shop in Richmond.

Wait ...what am I missing ...there should be the poles, ridge bar and ridge posts, and the ropes ...what else is out there that I have left ...and who has what?! I am guessing the ridge pole and posts are at Dutcheie's and the posts and ropes are at Sterling's ...if there is more than that don't tell me I may never miss it ...I am just happy to have my cutlass and parasol in my possession after so long. lol

EDIT: I am also missing a very good canvas drop-cloth. ;)

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Oh boy...

I have an upright grand piano that takes some 10 guys to move, numerous filming props and too many little odds and ends to count, but the most interesting thing in my garage right now is the fighter cockpit. That's right. We recently built a full scale cockpit for a fighter spacecraft. It's for a film my brother is working on. Half of my garage interior is currently painted green with green-screens hanging everywhere for filming.

Pilot1.jpg

Pilot2.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

:P:P I think William wins, even if it wasn't a contest!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog