QUEEN BESS AND THE PIRATES 2010

Liam McMac

Queen Bess and the Pirates usually held in Mid-May in Bakerfield, CA : Elizabethan Era faire with emphasis on pirates and the role they played helping the English fight the Spanish.

Was held may 16th and 17th last Year @ Sycamore Island in Madera/Fresno, CA

Who plans on going?

Who knows any new info?

post away!

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

2010 Dates : MAY 15th-16th

www.renregister.com for more info.

They say it's in Fresno but not quite sure of the acctual location as of yet.

We need more pirates representing!

Pirates are pirates no matter the year

Edited by Liam McMac

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

Damn you get all the good festivals over there. Been doing some research into this period all month. Just completed a Queen Elizabeth / Francis Walsingham based letter of marque too.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Damn you get all the good festivals over there. Been doing some research into this period all month. Just completed a Queen Elizabeth / Francis Walsingham based letter of marque too.

Yeah well I wish more people were into Elizabethan piracy,,, the Renn faire community could use a healthy dose of PC maritime representation. Currently it's hardly measurable.

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

Yeah well I wish more people were into Elizabethan piracy,,, the Renn faire community could use a healthy dose of PC maritime representation. Currently it's hardly measurable.

When I was in the States a couple of years back I went to an SCA function in my PC Elizabethan sailor kit. The most common question I got was: "what are you?"

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

The most common question I got was: "what are you?"

Most of the comments I got were about wearing the thrumb cap..... "are you having a bad hair day?"

None of the rennies even knew what I was....

OH well......

Most of the comments I got were about wearing the thrumb cap..... "are you having a bad hair day?"

OH well......

I love thrum caps - they always get strange reactions. Mine is too hot to wear in the sun but I usually have it handy for rainy days.

Mark

OH well......

I love thrum caps - they always get strange reactions. Mine is too hot to wear in the sun but I usually have it handy for rainy days.

Mark

This is exactly my point... I want people to ask what I'm wearing so I can school 'em. Working on a thum cap as we speak

Anyone Going to queen bess?

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!