Earthquake in Baja - 6.9!

I'm a hundred and twenty miles from the epicenter.. The whole house shook vigorously for almost 30 seconds..Not the rolling kind of quake but the shaker kind...back and forth moving in one direction to the west in waves...Then Eye felt a few after shocks as well at a lower magnitude, kinda surreal..

This reminds me to build up that emergency kit Eye have been procrastinating about. They up graded the quake from 6.9 to 7.2

Edited by oderlesseye

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

There have been about 20+ small magnitude (but 4.0 or bigger) up the San Andreas Fault this afternoon. What a crazy day here is So Cal.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

It was quite the roller! <_<

We shook pretty good here in Glendale... lost most of the water in the fish pond. (Lost no fish though....)

It's been upgraded to a 7.2

Closed down Disneyland too for about an hour and some of the rides until around 730PM

Pays to be cautious <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Yeah, heard that Disneyland was evacuated. Sounds like it was a hell of a ride.

Glad all are ok. Any damage anyone? Besides loss of water? :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

We got a pretty good shaking here in San Diego.

I was kicking back in the papasan chair in the sun

room watching the cats play, Boats was reading the Sunday paper at the family dining table when it hit.

I just looked around rather amused at everything hanging and swaying. The wrought iron chandlier over the dining table was really moving!

We both agreed if it had been any closer we might have actually had a few things fall down, but it didn't happen and we could tell it was a bit further away.

Now mind you through the whole quake, the cats continued to play, the parakeets were happily chirping away, Gilligan was going through his pirate talk and Corky as usual was just occasionally squawking.

It felt like we were on jello the way the place was shaking, and on a news cast later, a reporter said the same thing.

No water even sloshed out of the aquarium or the cat's water dish. Just a weird jiggling kind of shake a bit hard.

I had some friends from Orange County call and they said by the time it got to them in Stanton it was just a good roll.

I've felt a few aftershocks, but so far no problems.