Charleston, SC Trip

Blackbead

Ahoy, shipmates!

I just returned from a business trip to Charleston, SC, and had a wonderful time! I wound up organizing an event at "The Buccaneer", a local restaurant with a pirate theme. It was an excellent evening full of tales of Vance, Bonnet, and Blackbeard and the history of Charleston! If youa re ever in the Charleston area, I recommend a trip down to the old town area and an evening of food and drink at this place! I was there for St. Patrick's Day and had a great time at $3 a Guinness! If you want more info, check out their website - http://www.thebuccaneerrestaurant.com/!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

By gum and by gar! A pox on me for not thinking to send out signals of my imminent approach! On the other hand, the "Captain" had me jumpin' from weather to lee the entire trip! We even had events after hours for all but one night. I plan on returning in the future and bringing me lovely wife as well. I should have more time to mingle when it be a pleasure trip. Hopefully, i can see you all then.

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 1 year later...

By gum and by gar! A pox on me for not thinking to send out signals of my imminent approach! On the other hand, the "Captain" had me jumpin' from weather to lee the entire trip! We even had events after hours for all but one night. I plan on returning in the future and bringing me lovely wife as well. I should have more time to mingle when it be a pleasure trip. Hopefully, i can see you all then.

Blackbead

I recently went there myself Blackbead, and I loved it! I did see another restaurant about 20 miles away that has affiliation with the Buccaneer. Apparently, it is more pricier called the "Queen Anne's Revenge" or something like that. Never made it. However, I was more than satisfied with the Buccaneer. I went to a few candlelit pubs before going to the Buccaneer. With a few grog's hitting me brain and walking through the candlelit streets, I was feeling pretty good! I also did the "touristy" thing and took the haunted tour where they spoke of a pirate murdering a well-known doctor in an alleyway. Although I was humbled a bit, I thought California had the beautiful women. After visiting Charleston, I am a new believer!