Black Powder and Vodka

Red Cat Jenny

I've been reading a lot about the history of blackpowder and came across a tidbit..

Vodka production in Sweden, which dates from the 15th century, has its origins in the local blackpowder industry where high-proof spirit (originally called brännvin) was used as a component of black powder for muskets. When distilleries were licensed to produce beverage alcohol (primarily spice-flavored Aquavit, but also Vodka), it was with the understanding that gunpowder makers had first priority over beverage consumers

1646 - Bofors Industries, established in Sweden in 1646, was a pioneer in the manufacture of commercial black powder. The reason that black powder was not in commercial use for so long was because it had generally been an expensive material, mostly due to the cost of ...The earliest mentions of its use in engineering projects go back to the middle of the 16th century and it didn't really become widespread in commercial uses until the middle of the 17th century. Bofors Industries, established in Sweden in 1646, was a pioneer in the manufacture of commercial black powder. The reason that black powder was not in commercial use for so long was because it had generally been an expensive material, mostly due to the cost of refining saltpeter, and other ingredients.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...