Missouri Renaissance Festival

Greetings All,

Been forever and a day since last I got to jack my jaws with any of ya'll and I miss the entire mangy lot of ya. Taking a "breather" as it were to let my brethern know of my latest adventure as ....... Festival Owner. Ayup, that's right... I've "gone over to the dark side" as it were into Festival Ownership & Management. Don't run frightened for the hills though, I've not been totally corrupted and am still out there performing with the rest of you schmucks!

Anyway, the pertinent information on my Festival are as follows:

Missouri Renaissance Festival, located in Morse Park, Neosho, Missouri on July 24 & 25, 2010.

Hours are: Saturday 10 AM - DUSK, Sunday 11 AM - 6 PM.

Admission fees are as follows:

0-5 years old FREE

6-12 yeard old $3.00 each

13-59 years old $5.00 each

60+ years Wise $3.00 each

Military (with ID) $3.00 each

Festival website: MoRenFest.com

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/kittye.williams?ref=profile#!/group.php?gid=338310440036&ref=ts

Open Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MoRF_SWMissouri/

Festival Policies:

1) "Pirate Welcoming" Festival regardless of year/genre/type you portray

2) All bladed weapons (including boarding axes) must be in a sheath that covers the entire blade and must be peace tied (and my security will be zip tying items for added measure)

3) Non-firing Guns & Cannon ONLY

4) DRY EVENT - No Alcohol sold OR allowed onto Faire site - I just don't want to deal with the issues of drunk and disorderly and the city doesn't allow alcohol in the parks either.

5) RV Park and primitive tent camp ground across from Morse Park in Hickory Creek RV park - contact City of Neosho Parks and Recs to reserve your spot!

I am still looking for vendors (would LOVE to see a few pirate vendors out at the Festival), need a FOOD VENDOR, and volunteer cast and street acts.

Pass the word ... there is a new place to play in SW Missouri!

Now back to your regularly scheduled pillaging and rum swilling.

Capt'n Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

Yay! I'll see you there!

Excellent well! I look forward to putting a face with the name!

Quick question to all you knowledgeable folks.... Anyone know of a food vendor that has a "self contained" set up and passable looks for period-ish? Unfortunately, due to sudden serious health conditions, the vendor I'd been talking to has had to pull out.

Edited by Captain Emerald Shaunassey

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

NC to Missouri is a bit of a hike but I might know of a period food vendor willing to drive out there. I'll give him a call today and get back with you. Wish I could make it there myself but unless you got a extra plane ticket lying around for Blackbeard I couldn't afford the drive.

Here's a list of mountainy-man events, maybe some of these have vendor info they woulod share with you?

http://www.talking-bear.com/events.htm

I don't have current contact info for the omme de Terre state Park rendevous, but you might try looking that up as well, they usually have a couple of period food vendors.

Bo