Need help with finding a hat blank

My Birthday is comming up in April and one of my early presents is getting to make a new hat. I have always gotten my blanks from a local source here in NC but they are no longer around. Want to get something in a dark brown or gray, wide brim, maybe 6 inches. Has anyone ever ordered a blank from Hats by leko? Also looking at the blanks from Jas Townsend and sons. Have a budget limit of $25 - $35. Suggestions?

Edited by captscurvy_nc

I've bought my last few hat blanks from Ursula's Alcove, while she does not have them listed on her web site, she usually does carry them. If she doesn't have your preferred size or colour in stock, she can usually get them in a reasonable amount of time (an extra week or two).

Below are a few sources I managed to find scrolling through some older topics in the Thief's Market area of the pub... Not sure if the links are good or not, but it should give you a few places to start.

A source for Hat Blanks is Lady MacSnoods

There is also this place, pricier, but they claim to be "fur felt" rather than wool Center Stage Costuming

Probably the best price I have seen... Scroll about 2/3s of the way down the screen... Blockade Runner

And a few more I was able to find....

Hats by Leko

Their wool felt blank page

The Moutnain Top Trading Company

Michael_banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently bought several hat blanks from Hats by Leko. I havent done anything with them yet but the blanks seem to be of good quality. Don't expect the full 6 inches on the brim though, more like 5.6 inches. If you are going with Brown or black I would probably order a western hat blank and pull the extra crown material into the brim.

"Yes, I am a PIRATE (over) 200 years too late, the cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder I'm an over 40 victim of fate.... Arriving too late, arriving too late."

Hats by Leko has a wide range of colors and sizes, that's what makes it a good spot to look.

Townsend blanks are good, too. But they - like many other sutlers - are restricted to black, brown and gray.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!