Pirate Trading Cards

michaelsbagley

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment, most of the cards are in. I am still waiting on Gertie's, but with international mail I expected that to take a bit longer, and then there is one other who got them sent a bit later... That I expect to show up at the same time as Gertie's.

So much for express mail. They told me 4 days.(after the Easter holiday)

My bad Gertie, I forgot to check the mail Friday, and they were in the box Saturday, so the tiem estimate was accurate. And boy your cards are awesome! All of the cards I have looked at are great!!! (For the record the sneak peak is one of the reasons I am okay with being the cat-herder for these things!) :(

As soon as the last set rolls in Monday or Tuesday (or Wednesday at the latest), I will get them out.

Michael_banner.jpg

At this moment, most of the cards are in. I am still waiting on Gertie's, but with international mail I expected that to take a bit longer, and then there is one other who got them sent a bit later... That I expect to show up at the same time as Gertie's.

So much for express mail. They told me 4 days.(after the Easter holiday)

My bad Gertie, I forgot to check the mail Friday, and they were in the box Saturday, so the timeestimate was accurate. And boy your cards are awesome! All of the cards I have looked at are great!!! (For the record the sneak peak is one of the reasons I am okay with being the cat-herder for these things!) :(

As soon as the last set rolls in Monday or Tuesday (or Wednesday at the latest), I will get them out.

Yay for Canada Post! I felt bad they were later going out (than others) because of me having to work that overtime! However, that overtime is paying for Nor Cal! Yay! So I sprang for Express post. And forgot my SASE etc. Too excited, I guess- it's been years since I last drew something of the magnitude of this project!I haven't done much since my car accident, so this was really therapy- and fun, all rolled into one!

And thanks for the compliment Michael- it was nice to find I still had some chops left!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Thanks for heading this up. :P

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Aye! The n00bs are getting anxious!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Any ETA on these, Michael? :P

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Sorry about that. I meant to post about this the other day, but I haven't had time to get to a post office until today (and the spare funds to cover postage on the sets without a SAEs. They will go out today, so keep a weather eye out for them throughout next week! :P

Michael_banner.jpg

Damn, I should have just taken the extra time to send an SAE separately. Sorry, mate. I could always try to compensate you by money order or paypal perhaps. I certainly didn't mean for it to come out of your pocket.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Oh don't worry about that. The amount I will be out of pocket is nothing to me in the grand scheme of things... With the car repairs I have had lately, it has just been a matter of available funds. How about we call it you buying the first round when ever we meet (if we hopefully meet up some day)!

Michael_banner.jpg

I think that sounds like an excellent plan! And I certainly hope we will someday. That is, however, dependant on me ever getting out of my bloody state to attend a pirate event. Yeesh.

Edited by Captain McCool

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Received mine yesterday. Excellent work everyone!! Thank you Michael for heading this up.

Got mine last night when I came home from work! So excited!

I was really surprised at how few people repeated each others' themes. And Gerty, yours was gorgeous! I believe you said you did multiple designs, right? Anyway, I got the widow, which was awesome. Beautiful work!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Wow, got mine today. I feel like such a slacker! You guys were awesome. Don't think mine came up to scratch this time.

Thanks, Michael, for being the cat-wrangler on this round. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Received mine yesterday. Great work everyone! Thanks Michael for driving.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

I actually rather like yours, Ransom! It has a fun sort of "travel" feel!

Pews is rather intriguing... I'm wondering if there's more to it than just a Pirate Trading Card... If not, very cool anyway. But if so, brilliant!

Edited by Captain McCool

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I actually rather like yours, Ransom! It has a fun sort of "travel" feel!

Pews is rather intriguing... I'm wondering if there's more to it than just a Pirate Trading Card... If not, very cool anyway. But if so, brilliant!

LOL . . .Now that they are all out . . .When each island is placed together in a certain arrangement it makes a skull. When placed together they show the 'map' for the 'lost' treasure. :D

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Awesome! I knew there was more to it than met the eye! Well done, Pew! This just means that we'll all have to meet someday to put them all together!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

This just means that we'll all have to meet someday to put them all together!

The chances of us all getting together at one time so we can figure out where PEW hid th' treasure be kinda slim..... That Sneaky PEW probably figgured it that way......

Or we could all scan our's and then post 'em.... then electronicly put 'em together and snatch PEW's Loot....... :D

I'm with Mr. Hand.

And by the way, I loved your card! very funn!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

I'm with Mr. Hand.

And by the way, I loved your card! very funn!

Alas- I've been incommunicado since me puter decided to become so much excess ballast, and perhaps only good for an anchor!

But- I got a backup 'puter- and so am able to communicate with me mateys here!

Anyway- have not received my cards yet- but can hardly wait!

However- though I be hopin' this is not premature- if'n ye be wantin' to spy me cards, I did scan 'em and place 'em upon me facebook,which I just made available to me mateys..and mateys o' mateys.

here be me face- port:

gunpowder gertie

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

This just means that we'll all have to meet someday to put them all together!

The chances of us all getting together at one time so we can figure out where PEW hid th' treasure be kinda slim..... That Sneaky PEW probably figgured it that way......

Or we could all scan our's and then post 'em.... then electronicly put 'em together and snatch PEW's Loot....... <_<

Haharrrr! Count me in- a virtual raiding party!

Prepare to plunder!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Naw.....I just figgured out that it won't work..... som sneeky Pyrate will claim to not ter 'ave a scanner.... an' then wait fer everyone else ter post.... an then they will 'ave th' last missin' piece an' steal alla th' loot themselves..... dang sneeky Pyrates..... <_<