Pirate Trading Cards

michaelsbagley

Ack! The deadline really creeped up on me for this. Damn. And I knew it would, too.

My life has been turned upside down in the last two weeks or so, what with job hunting, the pseudo-resignation of my quartermaster, and the family dog passing away, and frankly, I haven't even had a chance to think about this.

So... at the risk of sounding like a bad, procrastinating student... is there any way I could get just a wee extention?

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hang on guys, please don't bail, as it makes it harder for the rest of us.

Between the last two posts, and a private message I received yesterday, would everyone agree to stay in if we pushed the deadline back to the end of next week? That should give all time to recoup from whatever adventures we've been on recently, and get their cards done.

Agreed?

Michael_banner.jpg

Sounds great, I was struggling with the deadline as well...just got back from MTA, had an eventful trip home, and am still trying to catch up with everything at home. I'll have my cards ready to go in the mail by the end of this week most likely.

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Whew. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one having trouble here. I think that sounds mighty fine, and I will endeavour to have mine done forthwith!

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Okay, Michael, mine are done. I need your new addy.

(Oh, and I still have time to get out in the garden. <_< )

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Alright, working on mine. I was originally going to only do one design, but now I think I'll do more. Maybe not a full 10, but at least five. That way there will be 2 of every design.

So tell me, should we personalize these in some way? As in, putting our name or persona on them or something? Or are they really more about the artwork itself?

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Alright, working on mine. I was originally going to only do one design, but now I think I'll do more. Maybe not a full 10, but at least five. That way there will be 2 of every design.

So tell me, should we personalize these in some way? As in, putting our name or persona on them or something? Or are they really more about the artwork itself?

Mine are variations on a LOST theme.

No personalization..

just

loooooosssssstttttttttttt

And- mine'll be a bit late- I thought I'd have 'em in the mail already, I had only a bit to finish- but got called into work- OT time and a half- gotta do it. Hopefully they'll be done and in the mail Monday- Tuesday at the latest!

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

You can sign them in some way, put your mark on them, or on the back, put a brief bio or description of your design. I always put an "R" on the front of mine, and on the back the series name (Lost), number( in this case, 4, but I screwed up and put 3 by mistake, LOL), date, and a brief description/bio. Some people don't do any of that. It's up to you. :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You can sign them in some way, put your mark on them, or on the back, put a brief bio or description of your design. I always put an "R" on the front of mine, and on the back the series name (Lost), number( in this case, 4, but I screwed up and put 3 by mistake, LOL), date, and a brief description/bio. Some people don't do any of that. It's up to you. cool.gif

I rather like that idea, actually! Puts a little personalization into them, and gives them a solid date and serial number, so to speak. I may just do that.

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Okay, still working on mine. I aim to have them done by tomorrow, but likely I won't actually be able to mail them until Saturday. I'm so sorry for holding up the process here!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Alright folks, mine are done and in the mail! Although I believe I missed the shipment for Saturday, so they'll probably actually go out on Monday.

I was going to do 5 designs, but I never got the last one done, so there are only 4. Still, I'm just proud of myself for doing more than 1, heh. Can't wait to see everyone else's!

So question: can we post pictures of the various designs we did at some point, so everyone can see what everyone else got? Or is part of the fun the mystery of it all? wink.gif

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Usually better to wait until everyone has received their cards from Michael. That way we can all be surprised with what we receive. But Yes, after that it is great to share.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Great! That's pretty much what I thought. Can't wait to see them!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Dangit! I forgot the self-addressed envelope! Sorry!

-Captain Jack Sparrow

So are everybody's cards in yet? Or are we still waiting on some stragglers?

-Captain Jack Sparrow

At this moment, most of the cards are in. I am still waiting on Gertie's, but with international mail I expected that to take a bit longer, and then there is one other who got them sent a bit later... That I expect to show up at the same time as Gertie's.

I am guessing that Cross bailed, as I have heard nothing more from him since his brief post, so I think he dropped in the post his withdrawal, and then never looked in on the thread again. So we do have only 9 sets of cards this round. :(

Michael_banner.jpg

At this moment, most of the cards are in. I am still waiting on Gertie's, but with international mail I expected that to take a bit longer, and then there is one other who got them sent a bit later... That I expect to show up at the same time as Gertie's.

So much for express mail. They told me 4 days.(after the Easter holiday)

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg