I'm drunk....

Keelhauled Conny

Aye! Capt' Rob is right on the mark! I did indeed wake up with new ink...my lovely husband (and source of the evil drink), had taken the liberty of writing math formulas and drawing arrows and labels for certain body parts...on me belly...grrrrrrrrrrrrr.........he BEST be sleeping with one eye open from now on, as I've got a big Sharpie with his name on it, that scurvy dog!!!!

4167524562_d125b7c73f.jpg

During America's Cup Races in Newport, R.I. in the early 80s I awoke with a Big Head ! I had fallen asleep (read passed out) in a hammock slung under the boom o' me friend Pete's Azorean Whaleboat. At some point I'd fallen out of the hammock and crawed under a tarp that was covering a British Seagull Outboard which I was affectionately "spooning". The hardware dimples proved that. I awoke (read came to) because Pete, having seen me last in the hammock, saw me nowhere! Thinking I'd gone by the board he was crying out for me! As I began to spiral back to earth I noticed that not only did my head hurt, from the Deamon Rum, my ribs hurt from falling out of the hammock and on to the thwarts and the pokes and dents from the outboard But! My ankle was hurting too! And not like I'd twisted it. Pete says "Don't you remember going to Buddy Mott's Tattoo Parlor? Funny thing is, I didn't! I did however have a reminder! Under the Schooner on my ankle I had named it after my girlfriend, The "Jeanie". This could have been worse! Well I got a ride down to Gallilee and to the Block Island Ferry and home. I was still feeling a little green around the gills but once home I was sure I'd feel better. I certainly expect Jean to react so vehmonantly about the Tattoo but she was not happy. At all! Six months later it was back to a tool box, guitar case, two seabags and my guitar. Back in Florida the name was covered with waves, basically drowning her in efigy! It's funny how these days Jean loves to tell that story and makes me show the Tattoo!

During America's Cup Races in Newport, R.I. in the early 80s I awoke with a Big Head ! I had fallen asleep (read passed out) in a hammock slung under the boom o' me friend Pete's Azorean Whaleboat. At some point I'd fallen out of the hammock and crawed under a tarp that was covering a British Seagull Outboard which I was affectionately "spooning". The hardware dimples proved that. I awoke (read came to) because Pete, having seen me last in the hammock, saw me nowhere! Thinking I'd gone by the board he was crying out for me! As I began to spiral back to earth I noticed that not only did my head hurt, from the Deamon Rum, my ribs hurt from falling out of the hammock and on to the thwarts and the pokes and dents from the outboard But! My ankle was hurting too! And not like I'd twisted it. Pete says "Don't you remember going to Buddy Mott's Tattoo Parlor? Funny thing is, I didn't! I did however have a reminder! Under the Schooner on my ankle I had named it after my girlfriend, The "Jeanie". This could have been worse! Well I got a ride down to Gallilee and to the Block Island Ferry and home. I was still feeling a little green around the gills but once home I was sure I'd feel better. I certainly expect Jean to react so vehmonantly about the Tattoo but she was not happy. At all! Six months later it was back to a tool box, guitar case, two seabags and my guitar. Back in Florida the name was covered with waves, basically drowning her in efigy! It's funny how these days Jean loves to tell that story and makes me show the Tattoo!

As a Post Script, this is why I haven't had a drink in 23 years! Plenty more Ink but no "Jumpin' Whisky" for me!

Where is the rum? Guess I'll know in 4 hours at the Ghost Ships Festival social mixer!

Down here at the Wyndham in Milwaukee, WI. Four Points Scooter's Sports Bar!!!

Port Washington Pirate Festival June 4,5,6, 2010

www.portpiratefestival.com

General Information:

info@portpiratefestival.com

262-388-9762

Vendor Specific

vendor@portpiratefestival.com

Aaargh... now Keelhauled Conny, I might 'ave missed sometin'....

normaly, win a femail type says I be drunk.... well that means somethin interestin.....

but that be only if she be single....

so th' part I be missin' (an not willing ter look thouugh alla this thread.... sometin' bout ye havin' someone else....)

SO...

If ye gots someone.... "well I hope yer head be feeling beter now" (not that ye never got drunk sence then)

if ye be single....

"Hey Sailor... new in port?" <wink wink knudge knudge...> :unsure:

Oh yeah.... I be kinda the King (dang don't that sound fancy an grand or somethin) bout postin drunk..... but wot th' heck... th' more drunk posters th' merrier I says....... cool......