• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

None of them work any more, though.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 years later...

Hey Pyrate Community,

I just wanted to share with you all the websites I have been creating related to the real history of the pyrates.

To give a little history on myself, I went to school and graduated with a degree in anthropology and was going to go to medical school. However, while in school I taught myself a little coding and started to build websites.

Ever since I was kid pirates fascinated me so I created the pirates website to be a sort of wiki containing all sorts of historical documents and analysis of the pirates along with biographies for each pirate. I wanted no false information or exaggeration, it is all cited and based on primary source and relevant documents

You can check it out here at http://www.golden-age-of-piracy.com

I also created another website, called the History Archive to be a sort of reference guide for all sorts of the primary source and historical documents that I collect for each of the websites I write. This is a collection made up of Project Gutenberg materials but also contains primary source documents, public domain photos and illustrations from all time periods from all across the web.

If you are interested in reading some of the primary sources such as both volumes of the General History of the Pyrates and the History of the Buccaneers of America you can check that out here. You can also download PDF scans of the original documents if you want as well.... I am trying to create a comprehensive and universal guide for history.

These documents and illustrations are all able to be downloaded for free and used with whatever ... they exist in the public domain

http://www.history-archive.org

Or for a direct link to the historical documents related to the Golden Age of Piracy

http://www.history-archive.org/golden-age-of-piracy/golden-age-of-piracy.php

I am constantly adding new material and if you have anything you think I am missing please email me at webmaster@sabali.co. I welcome all relevant submissions for material I do not have yet and will even transcribe PDF's if necessary. Also if you feel there is information that needs to be corrected please email me and I will change it as well

Edited by swashbuckler1714

• 4 months later...

These are all absolutely fantastic! Thank you all for sharing.

Aspiring writer, living adventures imagined behind closed eyes.
Yoga lover, red wine enthusiast.