IMPORTANT INFORMATION - FTPF 2010

Spike

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that I sort of lost in the last few pages is the sad fact that the BiB contract got canceled. I'm sorry for you guys. On the plus side, if you don't let it get to you, the rest of us should get to see more of you at the event. One bad thing about being an organizer is that while they're at the event, they're so busy running around, dealing with the schedule and putting out the inevitable fires that we hardly get to hang with them.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

So, next year we get to hang Nigel and Spike?

We just have to make sure we do a poor job of it and totaly botch everything.....

That way neither of them can clame to be :angry: .....

awh.... nevermind. :D

Greetings to all,

I apologize for the delay in this response, but I had to get OFFICIAL word from the Park and the Friends of Fort Taylor before I posted ANYTHING.

I am sure that you can all appreciate the fact that I will ONLY post when I am SURE of what I am posting.

THERE WILL BE A FORT TAYLOR PYRATE INVASION AT THE FORT AS PART OF PIP.

REPEAT: THERE WILL BE A FORT TAYLOR PYRATE INVASION AT THE FORT AS PART OF PIP.

There will be some changes from last year, and I will announce things as they become more clear. For now, the BIB contract has been cancelled, as there is a conflict of interest for a Citizen's Support Organization (CSO), which is what the 501c3 non-profit Friends organization is called. The State of Florida has very specific rules and guidelines for contracts with the CSO's, and we must comply. The event will go on, but not under the same contract.

This is the OFFICIAL word from both the Park and the Friends. More information will follow.

I thank everyone for the patience while we work out the details, and appreciate Spike and the BIB for all of their hard work and efforts over the last few years. Please stop the panic, we will get things worked out, and I pledge to all of my pirate family, that we are very well represented on the board.

Fair Winds and Full Holds,

Fayma and the Friends of Fort Taylor, Inc.

What joyous news! I'm sure all of us here are glad to here this and look forward to more news as you have it. Thanks for keeping us all up to date, as always!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

my glass is always broken on the floor and milk everywhere and me with no slippers on :blink:

Do we need to get you a sippy cup too :lol::P

ROTDLMAO!!

I can just see Callenish with a sippy cup full of warm milk:P

Great News Fayma! Whoooo eeeeehhhh!!!

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

YE ALL DARN NEAR GAVE ME A BLOODY HEART ATTACK! Geez!!!

Haven't been t' PiP yet. Glad things will round back up t' normal... well, as normal as it can get for a pirate event I suppose.

Pity about the end of the contract though. But, aye. These things are incredibly tricky. I swear, one would believe we be messin' with th' tricky Prometheus.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Fayma,

Thanks for the kind words. You have all of our support. I hope that the meeting this evening went well and we are all looking forward to having a FTPF in 2010. And a big thank you to all who posted on this thread. As Mission said, the Bone Island Buccaneers will have more time to spend with our family at the next FTPF. The whole crewe is looking forward to a chance to have a lot of fun. We certainly had a great amount of fun in years past, but this year we will have more time to spend with everyone and that is as exciting as managing the event. I spoke with Dan DeDeo yesterday and I am sure that Mama made a great case for the FoFT to continue the event. We will continue to support the event and have offered the FoFT to manage the event in a way that does not create the "conflict of interest" for the Friends. Again, a big thanks to everyone who has been involved and attended the event. We raise our glass to all of you and hope to see you on the circuit.

Fair Winds and Full Holds,

Captain Spike

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings Dearest Pyrat Friends and Family,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this post as I have grown to care so much about those in our Pyrat family and have put so much blood, sweat, Love and tears into the Fort Taylor Pirate Festival. The Friends of Fort Taylor have unanimously voted to cancel the contract between the Bone Island Buccaneers and the FOFT for the Fort Taylor Pirate Fest. We will no longer be managing and working the Festival. I do not have a reason for the cancellation as I only found out by a two sentence letter that was sent to our office.

Today I spoke with the CEO of the Friends of Fort Taylor, Dan DeDeo, and he informed that the FTPF may not be held in 2010. He stated, "it (FTPF) is up in the air whether we will have the event in 2010." He also stated there are no RFP's for a contract, nor a FOFT plan to host the event. As i get additional information I will pass it on via this thread.

I would like to thank all of those that have supported the FTPF during the last four years of our involvement. We have won a Fl State award for the event and had many many great times and smiles. The FTPF gained international exposure, national TV exposure through various different shows. And our best accomplishment, made the Pyrat wishes come true for two terminal young adults through the Make a Wish Foundation. But the best memories for the Bone Island Buccaneers and myself are those that were created with the great reenactors across the country that make up this great Pyrat family. We all thank you very much.

If there is a FTPF 2010 then you can be sure you will see the Bone Island Buccaneers there. Fair Winds and Full Holds to all of ye, and we shall tip a tankard together when next we meet!

Sincerely,

Captain Spike

Bone Island Buccaneers.

Can we write to the Managers of the Fort or to FOFT requesting that the allow us to camp on the Fort grounds and continue to have the Fort as part of PIP?

I am saddened to hear of this decision - and of how little information they gave you, Spike. It would seem that after all that has passed, they could at least indicate why this conclusion was reached.

Truly, I mean two sentences really is not justice after all of the good will and publicity the Pirates have brought to the fort.

Well I guess my question about writing the Fort is mute.. Glad to hear the Fort will be involved since this may be my first year attending.

I hope everything gets worked out and it's a great festival. A big tankard of rum for all those working hard for us to have fun!!biggrin.gif

Well I guess my question about writing the Fort is mute.. Glad to hear the Fort will be involved since this may be my first year attending.

I hope everything gets worked out and it's a great festival. A big tankard of rum for all those working hard for us to have fun!!biggrin.gif

Have Heard thru the grapvine....that the "Friends of Fort Taylor" and the "Fort Taylor Park District" are trying to iron out a couple of sticky points....tryin to get an agreed upon plan of action....so anything else at this point would be hear say or speculation....but word should come down the pike Sooner than Later i imagine....

everyone stand down at ease...til we all hear OFFICIAL WORD.....

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stay tuned ye scurrilous dogs... the wait will soon be over.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/