SteamCon 2010 Seattle, WA

Ransom

Hey, all you Airship Pyrates, time to head to Seattle. Never to early to plan for this November event.

Here is the link to the SteamCon web site. More information is coming every month, and since the turnout was so amazing last year and they ran out of hotel rooms, they are incorporating two hotels this time. They are across the street from each other, so going from one place to another will be easy.

So, get those airships ready to hit the sky, and plot a course for the great Northwest. ;)

And, in the words of Abney Park..."We're a crew of drunken pirates, we're the only airship pirates. We're full of hot air and we're startin' to rise, we're the terror of the skies but a danger to ourselves, now..."

See you there....

SteamCon Seattle 2010

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Awh... I didnt even check out the link yet.... but dang... hadda laugh....

Ain't Abbney Park cool... ye get to talk ter them like they were real people (I kinda figgure they are) ....For some reason, Abney Park feels like your friends... friends that you want to do good.... they are comfortable , nice people........ do ye need another reason to like them... well yeah... there music is good.....

If ye ain't seen Abney Park yet... they are worth seeing...

... do I gotta post "Airship Pyrates" again? (the fact they let that get posted everywhere.... well it's so dang coool.....)

" Stardust " was a fun movie.. Eye own it!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Me too.

"That's all right, Captn. We always knew you was a whoopsie."

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Curse ye prating insolent tongue thar Ransom! I reference the crew members Togs and not the flamboyant Captain and his Pink Too Too ~ eeerr how ever ye spell that form of dress.. Ok Now ..This is me as a pyrate speakin that ye take me words of insult as a badge of Honor!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

ROTDALMAO!!!!!

So taken, thar Eyes! LOL :blink:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just a reminder to all you airship pirates. You might want to get your hotel reservations in soon. Also, your Con reservations. Chain Shot and myself will be staying at the Marriott. The other hotel is the Hilton. Both have discounts for Nov 19-22. that's $109 + tax a night. That is a huge savings. We were going to go in a day early to play tourist again in Seattle, but to stay Thursday night would have cost us $175+tax for one night! So, guess we won't be playing tourist, other than on Friday afternoon.

The theme this year is Wild, Wild, West, so there are lots of opportunities for costumes and creations!

SteamCon

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Hey, all you Airship Pyrates, time to head to Seattle. Never to early to plan for this November event.

Here is the link to the SteamCon web site. More information is coming every month, and since the turnout was so amazing last year and they ran out of hotel rooms, they are incorporating two hotels this time. They are across the street from each other, so going from one place to another will be easy.

So, get those airships ready to hit the sky, and plot a course for the great Northwest. :D

And, in the words of Abney Park..."We're a crew of drunken pirates, we're the only airship pirates. We're full of hot air and we're startin' to rise, we're the terror of the skies but a danger to ourselves, now..."

See you there....

SteamCon Seattle 2010

Slight correction: We're a crew of drunken pilots, we're the only airship pirates.

Oh, Gawd, you'd think I'd have caught that. I listen to the dang CD once a week at least. LOL Musta had pirates on the brain, instead of pilots. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder...it's coming up soon. Got your "Weird, Weird West" garb yet? That's the theme this year. Hope to see you in Seattle in November. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Dang, why didn't they have this when I lived up there? Would have loved it.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

While I will not be attending the Steam Con event, I do live in Seattle! And I am a tour guide for a wonderful food tour company (sorry to shill, but I have mouths to feed :)

Also, I would love to meet some of you while in town, look me up on Facebook or via email ( kiltederic@gmail.com ) or here of course.

Things to check out :

Seattle Steam Rats

LastWear (while not really Steam Pirate Punk, they rock! A few of my friends / coworkers and ex-coworkers)

And lastly Savor Seattle Food Tours

This is the company I work for. If you are interested in taking a tour, and having me be your guide, please call the 1800 number and talk to one of our phone staffers, they can help pick out tours I am working. (otherwise you'll get the luck of the draw so to speak.) If you get enough folks (say 10+) how want to take a private tour, (maybe in your various kits - hell I would for go the normal uniform and put on me gear as well) also call the 1800 number.

May I suggest the Gourmet Seattle Tour - wine, sangria, and beer!

Edited by Kilted Eric

Kilted Eric

the Skirted River Pirate

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea. - From the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Oi- the idea originally was t' go and t' debut our Airship pirate personas..but what wi' the Pearl requiring much careening and replacing of sails, well- it may not happen this year. If we cannot attend in costume, we will probably attend fer the day in mundane adornment, and use it as an opportunity to complete said Airship Pirate- and pilot- garb.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Just a reminder...it's coming up soon. Got your "Weird, Weird West" garb yet? That's the theme this year. Hope to see you in Seattle in November. B)

For those airship pirates in the mid-west, a different con is being held in Madison, WI in November. It even has an airship theme.

http://www.teslacon.com/

All I know about it is what is in the web site but it looks like fun.

Mark

• 1 month later...

So, get those airships ready to hit the sky, and plot a course for the great Northwest. :unsure:

See you there....

SteamCon Seattle 2010

So.. Looks like we'll be there. They would like us to do panels so on one day we will cover replicating and creating original props and the other day we'll focus on accessories and such. Don't know which is on which day but we have been given 2 hours each day so enough time to chat about techniques and show the audience samples of on set and home made items.

We weren't going to make it but when they showed interest in these panels we always did back on the Eastern Half of the Contenent and we found enough friends to make the trip cost worthy, we couldn't pass up the chance... So...

Besides... We are building a little 'companion' out of scraps from the prop shop. Must show him off.

So if you've been to our panels in the past, come on out and we'll give you a refresher. If you have never been.. Well.. Come on out and we'll show you what we can on how to create, build and 'fake' finish almost anything.

Looking forward to it.

OH! And we got our tickets for the 'concert' on Sat night. Abney Park live is going to be WILD!!

This is a very tired soul signing off. This was the last thing on my list.

Christina

AKA Charity Ann Rackham.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey Ransom..... how was Steamcon?.....

Alas, we had to bail out and couldn't go. Mainly due to money, or the lack thereof. The $1000.00 repair bill on my truck pretty much killed the trip. Which was such a bummer, 'cause I was so looking forward to showing off my Thunderbus. We didn't go to Ojai either, for the same reason. Just couldn't afford it this year. Instead of SteamCon, we went up to Portland to the Swashbuckler's Ball. It was way closer to where we live, and only one night away from home. Had a great time there.

So, next year SteamCon will be in October, and we're REALLY going to try and make it then. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg