new waistcoats

madPete

My new waistcoats... thought I would show off some progress (finally).

The sleeved version is lightweight wool tweed with linen lining based on RH pattern, the sleeveless one (a long version of the one I wore at PIP) is linen and its reversible - seafoam green on the other side. Which I plan to fancy up with some black trim in case of special occasion.

Button holes and flaps on the pockets still remain with a few puckers to fix, but their close. I'm sick of button holes!!!!

Thanks to Callenish fer the plentiful brass buttons, Mickey Souris fer the pattern reference and William Redwake fer the Monmouth!

Hope to see you scallywags soon at another event.

IMG_1187_crop.jpgIMG_1190_web.jpg

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Very nice indeed sir!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

so--- what is next on your to do list???? LOL!!

wool breeches... ;) No... really!

(it never ends, there's always something else I needs ta make)

Thanks fer the compliments! Maybe the next event, I'll look a bit different from day ta day, though Kate said I needed to roll in the dirt cause I looked so new ;)

Edited by madPete

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Kakesdad--

that rye whiskey little ditty.... ahhh the 14 year old son said " hey ! that the song gret grnadma taught me!!!

now the darn tune wont get out o me head!! THANKS!

HA HA. No problem.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

lady constance, on 22 February 2010 - 10:12 PM, said:

so--- what is next on your to do list???? LOL!!

wool breeches... No... really!

(it never ends, there's always something else I needs To make)

OK.. The Quote thing didn't quite work as planed... but ye get th' meaning.....

Yeah.. kinda works that way... doesn't it? :D

OH wait... next one (project) will be even better........

OH wait... next one (project) will be even better........

funny thing is... that sleeved waistcoat was gonna be practice! I wasn't too sure about the wool and never did sleeves before (except shirts). But I like it more every time I look at it.

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

i think that sleeved weskits, always look kind of PC cool.........they arean item that no renfaire pyrate is really going to wear(theyd go for a very pretty coat because it looks better...in some opinions)....so a sleeved weskit just bleeds...pc....also, they arnt very common in the reenacting circles yet, so they look different....i think i need a second one...(with less buttons)

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

One more reason I have to get sewing .... :P

Ye and me both, Callenish. :) I'm grumbling each time someone gets an outfit piece finished.

Very nice, Pete. Kudos on a nicely worked outfit there. And ye sport it so well, too.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

i think i need a second one...(with less buttons)

less buttons?!? wot r ya doin with alla dem fancy buttons ya ben stitchin, shootin em from yer flintlock!!??!

:P

Has anyone come close to Mickey Souris' count... wot was that 150???

Now that is pure punishment... or long winters:D

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

Or being stuck in Canada and not allowed to come home to your wife....either way.

Right. That was winter.

And it was 116 buttons, but we've replaced a few...who's counting? ;)

thats 95 more buttons than mine :P

Mickey you are the man! Geez, no wonder ya makes buttons, if ya put 116 brass/pewter buttons on yer coat and fell overboard, ye be in Davy Jones locker! (not ta mention the cost).

Sorry Kate, I feel fer ya both...

hmm... I feel the need ta draw a comic comin on...:P

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

• 1 month later...

Great work. I finally got a new sewing machine and a new set up in the "workshop" (our spare room) so hopefully I'll get to finishing the massive amount of projects that have built up during the three years I didn't have a machine. I know, I could always handstich but I'm just no good at it. Really like the waistcoat and can't wait to see more from you

• 3 months later...

As a Scottish Highland reenactor of the late Renaissance and early Jacobite era, I really like the sleeveless one! It would make a great Jacobean waistcoat. I'm a leather worker and knife maker myself and can't sew worth a damn, so anyone who can sew amazes me.

Edited by Nighthawk