new waistcoats

madPete

As a Scottish Highland reenactor of the late Renaissance and early Jacobite era, I really like the sleeveless one! It would make a great Jacobean waistcoat. I'm a leather worker and knife maker myself and can't sew worth a damn, so anyone who can sew amazes me.

Thank Ye

Here's another I finished 6 weeks ago and the next one under construction ( sailor's short coat)

wool weskit

sailor short coat under construction

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the sailor jacket farther along - but still minus buttons. Based on ebay wool, goodwill linen.

phweeeuuu... me kit is pretty much complete (at least til I see all those new FB's at PIP).

Jacket_001.JPG

Jacket_003.JPG

jacket_004.JPG

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

very nice work. Let's see the whole kit together.

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

That is some bloody awesome work! Love the colours! Just an awesome and really cool, understated and unique look!

Are your fabric buttons stuff with fabric? IOr are you using some sort of coin or wood biscuit for shape? Either way they are very well done!

I bought some cheap coin buttons and covered them. Debated using Brass buttons -

but wanted a slight different look (and I used em up already)

mP

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

What do you use to make the button holes?

Handsew with linen thread, then slit the middle when completed.

My buttonholes are getting better, but not quite there yet - hmm not sure I wanna do enough to get that good :P

background.jpg

Aye... Plunder Awaits!

AWESOME job on the coat !! i tried prick stitching when i did my breeches.... (tried ot imitate those that could do it AND keep theirs nice, even, and well spaced ) after i did mine, i decided to keep the stitches invisible on the next one !! works just as well, but doesn't show my lack of skill :)

niiiiiiice !!