Japanese Elliot Pistol

highlander

I currently have one of those Japanese flintlock pistols, same as this previous thread; https://pyracy.com/in...showtopic=13218

I am trying to get some funds together for a Murdoch pistol, so must sell this one.

The pistol is one of the good ones, everything is solid, the frizzen sparks well, and the lock seems to have been tuned. Only issue is the metal ramrod is missing the bell-end, but since I was going to get a hickory one, I didn't really care.

$200 and she's yours, shipping extra.

I don't take PayPal, so a Money Order is best.

Edited by highlander

Indeed, a couple of members of my crew may well be interested. I have passed this along to them. ;)

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

I may be interested. However, I have a few questions. Have ye had it fer long? Have ye shot it, live and blank? Curious to know what inspections have been done, reading all of the other posts. Being a Novice, I'd like to know afore I get it, savvy? Not too sure what I'm getting into.

'Til the Morrow,

Bloody Sam Rackham

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

Proofing the weapon would take an hour or so on a range under some controlled situations ...I usually stand fire them at first and sandbag fire them for the double load proof firing ...... and I use the public range of the state game commission a mile from my house. ...last step is an visual inspection under 300X magnification and if there is question an Xray of the barrel with a local lab (+$45)

I may be interested. However, I have a few questions. Have ye had it fer long? Have ye shot it, live and blank? Curious to know what inspections have been done, reading all of the other posts. Being a Novice, I'd like to know afore I get it, savvy? Not too sure what I'm getting into.

'Til the Morrow,

Bloody Sam Rackham

Sir,

I shall endeavor to answer your queries;

I've not had it long, just a few months.

I've fired blanks, double load, held in a vise stand.

I've not fired ball, although the fellow I bought it from said he used it quite a lot firing ball.

I've read and heard the 'issues' with some of the 1960's Jap guns, but I believe I have one of the good ones.

I will try and get some pics posted.

Edited by highlander

Oh well. Maybe I'll get the next one. Ye don't have two, do ye?

Sorry, this was the only one I had, and they are a bit rare. I have seen them on various on-line auctions (do a Google search for 'Japanese Tower Pistol' and you'll run across them).