March 20th, 2010 | Swallows Day Parade

Stynky Tudor

March 20th, 2010 | Swallows Day Parade

San Juan Capistrano, CALIFORNIA

Not a pirate event, but No Quarter Given (accompanied by the NQG PyRats) will be marching in the parade with the Buccaneers of Tortuga, the Alliance of the Double Cross, and other brethren of the sea to welcome the return of the swallows to San Juan Capistrano. Pirates did raid San Juan Capistrano in 1818, so there is a piratical connection. Parade starts at 11 am, but come much earlier to get good parking. Street closures are at 10 am. Day-long street festival with food and entertainment in the Mercado. Contact information for interested pirates wanting to march coming soon.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a general note to all who participated with us at Swallows Day. Please forward as is possible.

The Alliance of the Double Cross wishes to thank all the fine pirates that were with us at the Swallows Day Parade. Of Special note as groups are the Buccaneers of Trotuga and the Port Royal Privateers. Thank you for all your help and support.

It was a fine day, great parade and we won 1st Place for Historical Depiction.

While that is a wonderful award, both I and my group say it pales in comparison with all the pirates we got to be with and spend joyful time among during the day.

I don't have every one's e-mail to send a person thanks, nor can I find everyone on My Space. Please take this as a heartfelt thanks from our group for all of you that made this day so special for us.

Thank you all very kindly,

-Greydog

P.S. (This is being written just a few hours after the parade by a beat up old tired pirate who's wits may not be all in one place. I might have not listed a group that was with us. If so, please let me know so I can publicly express our thanks.)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!