White Clay Sailor's Pipes

historyfanatic

Hello folks,

I have, for your consideration, three new 7" clay pipes that have been covered with knotwork in linen twine by yours truly. My work may not be as experienced as Otters, but it certainly serves (pun intended) the purpose. It's amazing how much more of a beating these pipes will take when they've been covered. The top one and the bottom one in the picture feature a "French Twist" and the middle one has a "Running Cockscomb". All three have a "Turk's Head" around the bowl which helps keep you from burning your fingers. They are NOT covered in pine tar for obvious reasons... ;) These are available for $25 each with shipping included anywhere in the U.S. PLEASE e-mail me at nlogsdon (at) att (dot) com to purchase. All popular forms of payment accepted.

IMG_4556.jpg

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

G'day, Sir

mighty fine looking work on the pipes, though the consesus in this house is we both like the running cockscomb.

cheers,

salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Very nice. What I like to do on my pipes is make a pipe "ring" out of a turkshead made from some stiff hemp that is generally wedged down on the stem but can come off when you want to fire clean the pipe. The nicest thing about a clay pipe is the ability to just throw it in the fire when it gets too dirty and then pull out a brand new pipe when the ashes cool.

Pipe.jpg

PipeTurkshead.jpg

Edited by MorganTyre
Ropework_Header.jpg