Mantua

I (Ivan Henry Trading Company) have been working with a local seamstress to carry a 100% Linen Hand Finished Mantua - it's taken me a while to coordinate everything, but now I think we finally have it ready to go! These are custom ordered so allow 6-8 weeks. While I know most of you all here in the pub sew yer own garments, I figure there might be a few who don't and would like a nice mantua.

Check it out:

1690s-1710s Mantua

mantua_small.jpg

Edited by Ivan Henry aka Moose

ihtcbanner.jpg

How forgiving are the measurements? I have to make a good set of stays before I can get my measurements with stays on, I have been looking for assistance with this as I have no craft with cloth at all, it could take a while. How long does it take to make, so I have an idea of a time frame to shoot for. I am going to order one, just have to have the particulars down.

How forgiving are the measurements? I have to make a good set of stays before I can get my measurements with stays on, I have been looking for assistance with this as I have no craft with cloth at all, it could take a while. How long does it take to make, so I have an idea of a time frame to shoot for. I am going to order one, just have to have the particulars down.

Hey Anne. It takes 6-8 weeks for us to get one made. As far as the measurements, it certainly helps to have a stay on when you measure. It doesn't really need to be "the stay" you'll be wearing all of the time, just "a stay". I am meeting with our seamstress today to get all the measurements she'll need. I'll get back with you today or tomorrow. Thanks!

ihtcbanner.jpg