Another Midwest Earthquake

LadyBarbossa

Yup... ye read that right. Another Midwestern earthquake. And so close to many members of the Archangel, too! (Damnit, what ye bloody devils doin'?)

Apparently a 3.8 (was initially thought to be a 4.3) magnitude earthquake from the vicinity of DeKalb, Illinois was felt rather strongly in Chicago! Shocking, eh?

Happened around 4am, this morning.

So any of ye around the northern Illinois area (possibly eastern Iowa, southern Wisconsin, Western Michigan, Northwest Indiana...) and ye felt a little shaking around 4 this morning... THAT was the earthquake. Cool, huh?

I'm a bit bummed... 'cause dammit! I missed another Earthquake!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I slept right through this. Unlike the one five years ago or so, this one didn't knock my picture of Elvis off the wall.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Don't feel bad, Bottles. My dad and step-mom slept through it, too. And they live not too far from the epicenter. Odd balls.

I was up at around 4am and didn't feel anything. At least, I don't think so. Heck if I know, my poor memory is shot.

Yeah, Cheeks... the earthquakes are kind of increasing yet I heard that they are decreasing in strength and the fault area is becoming dormant. Ummm, yeah. if they say so. I'm not about ready to treat it as dormant. It's like saying Yellowstone won't erupt someday.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!