April 9th, 10th, & 11th 2010 | 6th Annual Fells Point Privateer Da

1stMate Matt

Mad Jack I am not sure who you are, but no worries mate. You are far to worried. Thats what us pirates do...we complain about things and gripe on forums. Don't read into it anymore then that. Duncan cleared things up and I think the event will be one for the ages. All ages at that!

Cant wait!

Besides, most of the people complaining aren't coming anyway.

The Gang will all discuss and decide on where the Devils Dozen will land next year and we will take all of what has been said into the decision. I think we all felt that Fells Point was the right place to start this tradition and we always invisioned it as a traveling event.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy! VIDEO!

I know many 'll be taking pictures... but this is the age of moving pictures, too, mates! How's 'bout some video and have it posted on YouTube or else where? How's that? Would love to see the Induction Cememony of the Devil's Dozen Order.

(We almost need our own cable or satellite channel specifically about pirates, don't we? So many events, so many movies, so many documentaries, and more!)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

HERE HORSIE HORSIE HORSIE. WHY WON"T THE PRETTY HORSIE COME TO ME???? MAYBE I"LL JUST KICK IT.

Robbie... ye kick that damned horse... that horse 'll kick ye right back! Or bite ye if ye be lucky!

:::places a sign around Robbie's neck that says "WARNING! If next to horse... STAY BACK!":::

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I cant say enough. I had the time of my life. Words fall short but just being with so many wonderful pirates/people from all over was a blast. Especially all the singing in the town square late into the Saterday night 3:30

Thankyou very much for your great Baltimore hospitality...Ancient City Privateers (Bad Dog, THE wench, Carrie, Black Jim, Lady Red, Capt Jason and Vice Mayor of St Augustine Errol Jones) had a great time and was well worth the drive...Food was brilliant on Friday night too...Hope to see some of you for the Pirate Gathering in St Augustine in November where we can return the hospitality...We are still able to wear our weapons (so far as nobody has been stupid yet) but in this town the Garrison walks around fully loaded hoping to nail a quota of Pirates...Fortunately we have many letters of Marque.....Thank you again Great Show.....

Great meeting up with you and yours.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 1 month later...

Cap'n Michael and I had a grand time at the pyrate rendezvous in Fells Point. And we've mostly recovered by now. It was great to meet up with a lot of old friends, and to make a lot of new friends.

I've finished posting most of my photos from the Fells Point Privateer Day and Order of the Leviathan festivities. They can be found at the No Quarter Given facebook page in several batches (Facebooks only allows 200 photos per album), and at the No Quarter Given MySpace page (in two albums - one each for Friday and Saturday). Tagging and comments are welcomed. My photos are copyrighted, but if you'd like to use some of yourselves for your personal pages, you may do so. I'd appreciate if you let me know about it though. For those of you desirin' a higher rez version, contact me privately.

facebook.com/noquartergiven

http://www.myspace.com/no_quartergiven

Yrs in the sweet trade,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

• 7 months later...

Is there a 7th Annual Fells Point Event planned ?

Yes, there will be a 2011 event planned, and it will be held on APRIL 16TH, with the ball Friday night the 15th.

More details will be available later in January.

Duncan

Captain Duncan McGuyver

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

The Juryrig

MDRF Based Social & Renfaire Crew

The Juryrig

Port Tortuga

A Piracy based Pennsic household

B09 Block, The Highlands (Up Hill & Left)

Port Tortuga

Yes, there will be a 2011 event planned, and it will be held on APRIL 16TH, with the ball Friday night the 15th.

Duncan

Yaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! That means there's no conflict with the foodways symposium!!!!! *doin' a happy dance* And there I was, thinking I'd have to miss something biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Duncan

"..... details later in January. No news yet? Also, Capt. MacGuyver, can I bring my Granddaughter?

It would seem that the Lord proprietors of Maryland have set a trap for those whom they have invited to attend with out their arms. (or that could bees just bees scuttlebutt or not we will wait and sees)

I for one will let the Order of the Leviathan and the Devil's Dozen pave the way to see if they will ever bees ready for blood and thunder till then I's will steer well clear of fells point and Baltimore's inner harbor as I does not care for hemp neck ties or iron gibbet swings, thank yea for letting us knows that we are not welcome to come as ourselves as it were till then I will set me sail for more hospitable waters and ports of call like Charleston as is no metropolitan port of call say yea high faulting privateers with their letter of mark from the lords proprietors poppycock and peacock feathers they thumb their noses at southern hospitality and say they know how to have a good time, ha I think not It's sets a poor president that they call for those that purports to the leaders and they bees willing to take the silver and blades but them would support such are not trusted to carry theirs as a the free men they arrrs

Ye make good points here mate ye surly do, we will make the best of it! In this case we trade weapons for ships. We have both the Pride of Baltimore and the Bounty on dock and sea. This be an event of honor and celebration of top pirates in our community and for that I'll put down my weapons. I will however consider your recommendation of Charleston for next Years honoring the Devil's Dozen into the Order of Leviathan.

I think that Charleston, SC would be an excellent choice for next year's Devil's Dozen event. It is certainly a city rich in pirate and maritime history!

......As fer meself, I vote fer Beaufort, NC. A very pirate friendly town, and a Blackbeard connection also !!!

>>>>> Cascabel

You can say that again! Cascabel, me brother in Commerce, a point well made.A few added perks, The only reenactment of a Pyrate Invasion where it took place!! Also, the North Carolina Maratime Museum has Artifacts brought up from the "Queen Anne's Revenge". Around the corner from the Historic Grounds, site of Invasion and admission is free!