Wench Auction!

capn'rob

Avast ye Buccaneers Bold, Ye Pirates, All. Hear me well. For the First Night of April, in the Old Towne of Beaufort there be an Auction! Of what, sez ye? I tells ye, Sez I. Wenches, lad. The finast. Buy one, two or more! What gets ye, sez ye? I tells ye, sez I! Ye buys Dinner and the Company of one of these most Charming and Aluring Ladies what ken only be found in sech a fine place as this. So come ye, one or come ye all. Fer it's a time we shall be a'havin'!

Here it be, an I tells ye straight. Ye comes to the Olde Towne o' Beaufort on the first day o' April and at a soon to be marked establishment, for they all be wi'in a few paces and heres wot we do. We present the Finast o' Ladies the Towne 'as to offer. No Hags or He-Shes, but right fine ladies. Each one with a treat from one of the fine Victualin' Establishments in our loverly Towne. Now, ere's wot ye do; ye bids agin all other Pirates bold, Buccaneers and Scallywags an 'im wi' the biggest purse wins that particular Evening's entertainment. Ye must be here to bid and to collect yer Prize. Ye may collect yer Prize at the Pyrate Invasion in August if, say ye wuz to come here from another port just fer th' festivities. Bein' any futher inquiries, ask'em!

Not t' be bound by rules, we changed the date. The Auction now be happanin' upon the 14th o' May!

Edited by capn'rob

Here it be, an I tells ye straight. Ye comes to the Olde Towne o' Beaufort on the first day o' April and at a soon to be marked establishment, for they all be wi'in a few paces and heres wot we do. We present the Finast o' Ladies the Towne 'as to offer. No Hags or He-Shes, but right fine ladies. Each one with a treat from one of the fine Victualin' Establishments in our loverly Towne. Now, ere's wot ye do; ye bids agin all other Pirates bold, Buccaneers and Scallywags an 'im wi' the biggest purse wins that particular Evening's entertainment. Ye must be here to bid and to collect yer Prize. Ye may collect yer Prize at the Pyrate Invasion in August if, say ye wuz to come here from another port just fer th' festivities. Bein' any futher inquiries, ask'em!

Aye! And wouldn't ye know it! They gone and changin' the date! I asks t' when, sez I. In May, sez they. When in May, sez I? Whence we be a'tellin' ye, sez they! A fine thing, eh? Shipmates! As soon as it hits the Scuttlebutt, ye'll be knowin' as well!

Avast and Belay wi' yer grumblin and 'a growlin, fer it be here soon. Upon th 14th o' May be the Wench Auction Day. Gather up yer Dubloon, Crown, Silver or Gold bar and come ye, all!

Edited by capn'rob

Can I donate a couple of ex-wives to the event?

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

And why do they not do this at the Beaufort Pirate Invasion? (BTW any set dates on the invasion yet???)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

And why do they not do this at the Beaufort Pirate Invasion? (BTW any set dates on the invasion yet???)

Me Compliments, Captain Sterling. The Dutchman be right, he be. 'Tis an event that was missed last year and felt in the coffers. 'Tis quite the Entertainment! As to the Dates, this year's are posted on the Forum now and will be August 13, 14 and 15th. Captain Sinbad is hoping the Crewe of the Archangel will be joining us once again. Certainly I am as well!

• 3 weeks later...

The date and venue be as such; on the 14 th of May at 8 pm at Clawson's on Front St., Beaufort, NC. And be sure t'will be an evening of great merriment and entertainment!

Edited by capn'rob

• 1 month later...

T'is gettin' closer than I thought! 'Fore th' date's been move up by a week. The Invasion is not long in the loaming.

Time: 8:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m. Auction begins

Cover: $15 in advance $18 at the door

Further info: Liz @ (252)728 7108

Edited by capn'rob

• 1 month later...

Aye, and as I hear tell, t'was a night to remember. The funds needed to secure the band and victual deposits was met. So now we just keep on finishing up the details! Thanks to all wot participated.

bah! and I missed it! I only be hearing about these things over the last month, it was supposed to take place in August and pirates from all around take over the city. I was looking more towards August for it as that be the rumor. I'll be scratching this off my list for the year.