We Need More Places Like This...

Capn Bob

Aye! Aye!

We do indeed need more places with the Pirate/Caribbean theme that also serve good food!

Of course, I suspect our gulf coast brethren might already have their fill. :rolleyes:

There was a Pirate themed restaurant here in Portland not so long ago. Some folks took over an Old Yankee Pot-roast establishment and turned it into Pirate's Tavern.

The building was perfect for the job. Could have been great, but for the owners' political agenda: Pirate's Tavern was a vegan restaurant. To add insult to injury, the food was just plain awful. Not awful for being vegan mind you, there's plenty of good vegan food, but awful for awfulness sake. It didn't help matters that it was mainly meatless faux-meat entrees (what I would have given for a nice falafel or hummus plate when I was there!) and seemed to come from either the fryer or the microwave, nor that they couldn't keep the beer taps operational, nor that Portland is, otherwise, a great town for food. Like I said though, the building was great, and that alone kept people coming in for a few months, even if they did get thrown out for smuggling meat into the restaurant!

So Pirate's Tavern folded a few years back and reopened aws Casa Diablo - a vegan strip joint. They're new slogan: The meat belongs on the pole, not on the plate!

Anyway, we do still have Salvador Molly's around here.

Salvador Molly! :rolleyes:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

i too , agree--

however..i am too busy having fun doing the actual pirste stuff to contemplate opening a restaurant that gives the feel of back then.......as i am sure the rest of us are....

but......that is a good retirement plan! and dream--- opening up a place such as that-- for dinner , weddings, parties...

thanks for the thought! it made me happy and gives me mental munchings on!!!

lady c